Asana in a standalone window

Hi everybody

I previously found an asana app in the chrome web store.

This extention for chrome allowed you to get asana in a standalone window.
But today i don’t find it anymore, is there still a way to get asana in a standalone window ?

Thanks, best regards

Lou from Marseille, France.

1 Like

You can read Desktop Asana app - #3 by Joe_Fletcher for alternatives :wink: For example Nativfier or Fluid.

1 Like

Hey @Gremet_Perso, Michael from Asana here.

This is not an app that was created or developed by Asana so I am unsure what it could be.

That said, I encourage you to vote on a post in our #productfeedback category post below, to let our developers know this is important to you

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Bastien

I’ve also used Fluid to make an app for Mac.

However, if you use Windows, there’s an equally good alternative : Chrome’s Add to Taskbar, available from Settings > More tools. Check the “open in window” box and what you’ll get is

• a desktop/taskbar shortcut with Asana’s logo
  • that launches Chrome in “chromeless” (no tabs, bookmarksbar, etc) mode so it looks like a native app
    This way, you can keep it open all day and have it be separate from your Chrome tabs.
1 Like

Thanks RaduG
You’re right, that’s the solution i used before.
But to do that you need to have, in chrome, an extention with a shortcut to asana…

Previously (if my memory is right) this asana extension was in chrome web store, i remember that asana was in my google apps launcher.

But now this is no more the case… i don’t understand why.

i meant Chrome apps launcher instead

Thanks, that’ll probably give me the solution, i just hava to find the equivalent tool for windows.

My favorite 3p app is Taskana: Taskana

Hi erribody, in fact it was native in google chrome for windows :
When you have the asana app in chrome just go to settings (from chrome) / more tools / add to desktop.

And voila :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This can also be done with the Mac version of Chrome. It requires enabling some experimental features though. I’ve created a document that explains how:

2 Likes

I really liked the idea of Taskana (Asana in Electron) but noticed that it hadn’t been updated for 4+ years and no longer worked… so I took it on and brought it back to life. You can find the latest version here running on the latest version of Electron:

1 Like

Hi @RMW-Web-Publishing (and others on this thread),

FYI Asana released an official desktop app for Windows and Mac a few weeks ago:

(BTW it’s an Electron app as well.)