Asana App on old Google Nexus 7 Tablet?

The (Beta) Asana app was working great as recently as a some months ago (if I recall) but no longer; it’s not supported on the Nexus 7 device anymore according to the error I got; it would update and doesn’t show in the Play store (because it’s not compatible I assume).

Is there any hope to still support it? So many apps still work fine. I know it’s a really old device that no longer receives Android updates, but it’s still useful and would be much more so if the Asana app still worked!

(I am able to run the web version of Asana in Chrome on the device by using “Desktop Site” in the menu which at least provides some access, but it’s pretty painful.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi @lpb

I believe the Asana App requires V6 and above of Android to work.

There is a few people who have had the same issues/concerns with using old phones.

You could see if you can get V6 running on the tablet…

Jason.

1 Like

Actually Asana requires Android 7 or later and Nexus 7’s latest update was Android 6.0.1, but it wasn’t so long ago that Asana required just 6 not 7. Oh well. Not worth rooting!

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Hi @lpb,

I can confirm that we’re not planning to make the Asana app available to versions older than Android 7, so closing out this thread!

1 Like