Asana API for moving tasks between section and send notification email that the task is moved to a new section

integrations api

I was trying to automate when task is moved to a section send an email to the customer that their task is moved to the next section. what information do I need from the API to make this happen ? is there a source code example that I can refer from ? I’m Planning to use JavaScript. before this I tried to use Zapier, but they don’t have this functionality.
@Phil_Seeman @Bastien_Siebman

Hi,

If you look at The Asana automation bible: all the triggers and actions from Asana, Zapier, Flowsana, Make.com “task moved to a certain section” is a feature Flowsana has, so maybe you should consider it, or look at make.com before trying to code it yourself?

2 Likes

It also has a “send an email notification” rule action so that part would be easily handled as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Bastien,

Thanks for the Asana Bible

1 Like

Hello Phil, I have tried Flowsana and it’s awesome.

2 Likes

Hello @Phil_Seeman , when moving task send email notification questions: does flowsanan has the following ?

1st. warning message before allowing the user to move a task to a section somthing like this "are you sure you want to move this Task to this section ? "

2nd. can we send the notification to multiple emails or adding multiple emails as a custom field and send out the notification?

Thanks !

Hi @anon10975922,

No, Asana doesn’t provide any hooks into its user interface that would allow us to do this.

Yes! Specifically this part:

adding multiple emails as a custom field

You can set your email notification to “a value in a custom field”; then if you populate that custom field with multiple email addresses, separated by semi-colons, the email will go out to all of them.