Any sole operator / sole proprietor out there?

Are there any sole operator / proprietor business owners out there using Asana like me? I love it but I’m curious if I’m using all the options available to me. Any tips from other super small business owners using Asana would be appreciated? I wish there was a sub group for us somewhere. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @CPH23

I am as you are and I use Business.

How to use greatly depends on what you are doing, but rules, rules, rules.

Teams for :

1. internal initiatives
  2. client prospecting
  3. for external resources
1 Like

I am! I’m considering Premium (I wish they had some limited Business options in the Premium plan for individuals - it’s difficult to justify the price jump when you’re just starting out).

I would really love to hear how more individuals are utilizing areas of the platform on the Premium plan!

I’m also a sole proprietor and am now upgrading from free plan to business plan. I didn’t realize initially that you needed to purchase a minimum of 2 seats which is unfortunate as I’ll be paying for a seat I don’t use… however the extra features in Business are worth the upgrade. I’m just starting out and I want to be disciplined about using a project management tool from the get-go!

@CPH23 I should add (wow no ability to edit my previous post??!) that so far I have a team set up for my own business with the following projects: admin, business development and vacation/away dates.

I am trying to learn to use Asana as a sole proprietor. Right now I am finding it confusing and overwhelming, and I don’t want to give up too quickly. Any ADHD folx out there who can give me some tips?