Ability to create sections under "Favorites"

As my company embraces Asana more and more, it can get difficult to navigate through my Favorite projects. I would like to organise my favorites into sections or categories, such as: Team 1:1s, Current Projects, OKRs, etc, so I can quickly switch between projects and portfolios more easily.

Ideally, I would also like to be able to expand and collapse each section as needed, like I can do with my Teams.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us, @MarcGarcia! As a workaround, to be able to create sections in your Favorite bar, you can create a fake project called “------Current Projects------” and mark it as favorite. This project will appear in your favorites and you will be able to move projects under this section to separate from the others.

You can also find some tips in this thread: Question on overall organizing

We don’t have immediate plans to implement this feature but I’ll keep you posted as soon as we have any news!

2 Likes

Thank you @Emily_Roman, that’s a very useful workaround. I would love to see a native implementation though, but in the meanwhile, I will give it a try!

2 Likes

It would be great if there could be a way to build out additional organization under the Favorites list on the sidebar such as the option to create sublists/groups to organize the projects listed within the favorites list. I’m frequently using the favorites section more often than actually searching for projects but as a result, I end up with many projects favored and it would be nice to have a way to organize those projects such as by team, topic, etc.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Sarah_Eldeeb :wave:
I have merged your request into an existing one, don‘t forget upvoting :slight_smile: One idea on how you can organize things a bit more is mentioned here.

Yes being able to custom sort and create categories headers for the favorite project section would be very beneficial.

This is a big need for me as well! My organization grew and now I have so many favorites I can’t find anything. I wish I could pair it down, but I have over 130 active projects, so it’s all already portfolios.