Working offline

Is there still not a solution for this? we have just moved to the paid version and its such a hinderance not being able to work offline. i thought the whole point of asana desktop would be for that.

3 Likes

Cloud apps make assumptions about users that are not always true.

I live and work on a sailing yacht. There are issues with cloud services since connectivity is not seamless around the world and is highly expensive offshore. The facility to run a desktop or even iOS app that syncs with the service appears long overdue for others and a must-have for me.

Trello has managed to solve the issue and provides for work offline and sync on reconnection.

2 Likes

is there a plan or time line for offline? If there is no timeline or if there is no answer, then our team will be required to move off Asana. Since our team works in the field and sometimes internet service is spotty even with cell. Please advise.

Hi @Michael_Schofel,

Asana has a policy of not commenting on their future plans or roadmap, so there won’t be any info on offline capability available unless/until it happens.

1 Like

Hi Asana Community! :wave:

My name is Erica, and I am a Product Marketer here at Asana. Thank you so much for providing your feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time share your needs as it relates to offline mode across the desktop and mobile apps. We have shared these needs with our Product team and will provide updates as they become available!

In the mean while, we are continuing to make our desktop and mobile apps even better! We encourage you to check out our new features and let us know your thoughts!

Except the desktop app is still missing features that the web app has, like video messaging. So…

I’m a project and operations manager about to embark on a nearly 30 hour flight across to Europe. Not having access to Asana offline is a massive burden and such a waste of an opportunity for me to get work done.

I appreciate the appeal of Cloud, but do not discredit old-school, desktop saving!

5 Likes

I would second this. I travel on airplanes frequently and the ability to create and check off tasks while on an airplane and have it sync up later would be huge.

4 Likes

Within our organization this feature is also requested. To work offline in the desktop app when on travels for example

1 Like

Same here: We need the offline option!
Obviously the macOS App is capable of keeping offline data and syncing back when online. But it seems that tasks need to opened once before going offline in order to have the data present. Please make a force sync to either teams / projects or workspaces possible.

YES PLEASE!!! We all travel so much more or end up in places with subpar wifi, and offline abilities would be Amazeballs

1 Like

As of mid 2016, Asana claims to have implemented this feature in their mobile apps (see enclosed links), but I’ve also heard that this feature is or was limited to spotty connections. Can anyone update me as to the current status of this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Is the offline mode online available on the IOS mobile app, or does it work on the app to my MacBook Air as well?

I’m going on a longer trip with minimum access to the wifi, so this would be very useful if I can work offline on my desktop.

Hi,

Ok Asana for some reasons wants to loose clients … seriously :unamused: !!!
How come that 2 critical features are missing (at least) ?
First you don’t provide a proper recurring task process handling and now offline mode is not even available for a bit … make it pay if you want to but make it available … this puts you guys off competition (free benefit to concurrency … why … at such a bad cost moreover)

Ok now, please give us a real good roadmap (with these 2 issues to fix in it) … starting now with what brings me here : “OFFLINE MODE”

Cheers !
We are here.

2 Likes

The offline feature is often requested by our users. Is this feature now available?

It is not, other than in a very limited way. For more info, see:

Offline App is a must. How is this not a thing?

3 Likes

Is offline an option yet? I can’t bring this to my company to adopt if not - just not practical.

1 Like

I just saw people have been asking since at least 2019. Disappointing. Guess we will look for another project management provider.

1 Like

I take notes in OneNote and love that it can be offline when WiFi is unavailable and then quickly sync when back online. Having the ability in Asana to at least select the projects available for offline access would be very beneficial to our business during travel or in situations where connection to the internet becomes unavailable