Webhooks payload content

Hi Asana community,

I’m working with Asana webhooks and I wanted to add them to our monitoring tool.
I’ve read the documentation here and webhooks are working fine.

My only question is about the payload I receive when I receive a webhook POST request on our platform.

There are information in the payload but they seem to be really limited (as mentioned in the documentation).
I understood that I could add optional fields like resource.name but it does not work for me.
I keep receiving the same payload without, for example, Task title:

{
    "events": [
        {
            "action": "changed",
            "parent": null,
            "change": {
                "field": "notes",
                "action": "changed"
            },
            "created_at": "2024-08-06T11:53:54.088Z",
            "user": {
                "gid": "1204674997442488",
                "resource_type": "user"
            },
            "resource": {
                "gid": "1207970366862345",
                "resource_type": "task",
                "resource_subtype": "default_task"
            }
        }
    ]
}

Is there any way to get more data in the received payload without creating a new API call ?

Thanks for your help.

Best.

Ghislain

Hi @Ghislain_Flandin!

There is not a way to customize the payload for the events sent to the receiving webhook endpoint. The opt_fields query parameter that can be used when creating/establishing a webhook only affects the response from that API call and not the events. Upon receiving a webhook event, you will still need to make additional API calls to retrieve any other details required for your integration.

If you need to make more than one API call to satisfy your integration requirements, you might consider the Batch API to potentially consolidate those requests.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.