Webhooks Incident 11/14

Aha, yes, @Simon_Tretter, I would bet $$$ that’s the source of your problem. I highly recommend you use an architecture where you don’t do any actual work in the app that’s receiving the webhook other than logging it somewhere (I create an entry on an Azure Service Bus queue for example) and then return the 200 response; then respond to that logged entry in another separate and asynchronously running app.

1 Like

> Because we move tasks/create new subtasks etc during a webhook call, it can take more than 10 seconds for all the api calls to finish.

Yeah… This is probably the cause. Our API is pretty slow sometimes, so I think @Phil_Seeman has the right idea to make things async.

> Are there plans/ideas to increase this 10 second timeout to something higher

While that might be the right idea in the long run, I think in the short term, that would just add more strain on our servers that are already slowly handling requests.

Our API is working on making improvements to the write speed of our API. I requested they do a write-up describing the current system’s pitfalls if they have time.

1 Like