Using ASANA in Manufacturing Industry

Definitely, but you will need to use a 3rd party program for this. We use Grow, but there are many other BI’s that can be used.

2 Likes

@Rob_McGrail and @Joel_Ac. Fantastic info, super helpful. Agree that so many of the use cases are focused on design, software and consulting jobs, not companies that make physical products. I needed something to help with coordinating people and scheduling workstations. You’ve both given me great ideas. Thanks for sharing your process.

4 Likes

Hi @Karkuvel ,

I guess you could work with sub-tasks or have a custom field where the user could input the number of completed units. But without walking through the process i’m afraid i can’t advise very well. Hope you find something that works for you.

1 Like

The Assana was great for me even on the small-scaled-house-so-to-say-manufacturing. The whole hose renovation process with sullies, plans was managed through the platform. The only other useful thing was this https://www.goglassnj.com/

1 Like

Hello,
I am pretty new to the community , and I read this thread with a lot of interest due to the fact that I am also a SAP consultant.
Have you eventually been able to link your SAP work orders with Asana ?
You could do with Asana scheduling but also capacity management?
I know that I am 2 years late with this thread though…
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hello, If the projects are stages and tasks are jobs, where do you input the activities that need to be done for those jobs?

2 Likes

Hi Rob, Hope you are well!

Really appreciate your input on setting Asana up for a manufacturing company. To give some background, we are a small precision engineering company currently supplying Motorsport / Medical & a few other sectors.

We are trying to set asana up & your screenshots have helped! Do you mind letting me know how we can set up similar to the above with setting times etc?

1 Like

Hi Dan, these fields are custom fields in the premium version of asana. They have different tiers so im not 100% sure what this tier is called. But whatever one gives you acess to custom fields is what youll need for that. We have now built our own internal scanning system and just use asana for project management as its designed. But while we used it it was very effective and i recommend trying it out to see if it can work for you.

2 Likes

Custom fields are available in all paid versions of Asana.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Which system did you move to?