Using Asana for Managing Museum/Gallery Exhibitions

Hi Everyone,

I’m brand new to using this software and just wanted to reach out to see if others are using Asana to manage museum or gallery exhibitions. Since I just started the training process and haven’t dived into it too much, I don’t have a lot of questions at this time. I guess I would just like to know how your experience has been so far and perhaps if you have created your own project templates or have used any of the ones that Asana has created?

Thanks,
Nicole

1 Like

HI @Nicole_Roush. Welcome and thank you for the question. As I am sure you know, Asana is very widely used across many types of customers Customers: Who Uses Asana? • Asana. From my time on this forum, I don’t recall others specifically using it to manage museum or gallery exhibitions. But there are likely a lot of ways Asana can be used to help you out. If you can provide some more context around what areas you would like to focus on with Asana we may be able to better direct you to examples? (Ex - booking exhibitions, tracking exhibition locations, event planning, inventory…). In regards to creating templates, I would definitely recommend doing this for any type of reoccurring project to help standardize the format/data entry and save time/effort.

1 Like

Good Afternoon Bernie,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m starting to develop my own template based on how my museum develops exhibitions. If you could direct to me to examples pertaining to inventory control, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi @Nicole_Roush. In regards to inventory control, have a look at this thread: Is anyone managing stock or inventory with Asana? There a few good examples and options to consider. Also, here is a discussion around creating shopping lists using custom fields and emojis which can be applied to inventory control as well. Pls note that custom fields are only included in the premium and up plans. How to create a team shopping list & Custom Field Index Hope this helps!

Hi Nicole,

I work in a single artist museum and we have been using Asana for about a year now. I would love to chat about your experiences using Asana so far and share ideas!

Thank you,
Allyson