Upgrading to student trial

I have tried several times to upgrade to a student trial premium version of Asana. My initial request was rejected because my account was set up as an organization. However, I was not aware that the account was set up as an organization. I am not affiliated with an organization, but am a student trying to use the trial version for school projects. I have contacted Asana multiple times with no response. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the Forum @Jennifer_Linn :wave:and thank you so much for reaching out!

You are correct here. In order to apply for the student premium trial you need to have a workspace since Organizations are not elegible (you can learn more in the following article: Asana for Students - Keep School Work Organized - Free Trial • Asana)

I can confirm that we have received your application and the Team in charge will be in contact with you soon. I’m sorry for not being able to help you since this is something we cannot address directly in the Forum but if there is anything else I can help you with, don’t hesitate to reach out! I’m more than happy to assist you further!

Have a great Thursday!

Hi Natalia,
Thank you for this update. I have been waiting for a week for an update regarding this. I understand that Organizations are not eligible, but I do not know why or how my account was set up as an organization since I am a student and would like the trial to work in my project management class. Can you provide an update on how long this will take to be resolved? I have strict deadlines in this course and the professor wants us to use Asana to work together with our classmates.

Can I deactivate my account and set it up correctly, without the Organization association? I would need to set it up with the same email because that is my student email address.

Hi @Jennifer_Linn :wave:

Sorry for the trouble here. I can confirm that we have received your application and we are going to get back to you as soon as possible. This is something we cannot address via Forum but in order to speed things up, I would recommend you to log into your account and from there, as this article explains, create a Workspace named after your Student Group (you can learn how to do this in this guide article.

You can then apply with your Workspace instead of your Organization.

Please, let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with! Have a great Friday!

Hello,

Thanks for this update. I have already created a workspace for my student group project and reapplied with that workspace. Can you estimate how long it might take to resolve this? I would like to inform my professor if I will be late in my project. Thank you for your help.

Hi @Jennifer_Linn

I have reached out to the Team in charge and I confirmed that this has already been approved for you. Good luck with your project!!

Have a great week!

I also have the same problem. Applied last week and still haven’t heard anything. I am a student in Norway though, but it does not say that this should constitute a problem. Maybe I am registered with organisation because we use our student email addresses. But still, I would love to get 6 months free because we really need it for our student business

Hi Natalie

I haven’t received a notification that my request for a student trial was approved. Can you confirm when it was approved and when I should be notified?

Thank you,
Jennifer

Hi, Natalia
I have the same problem

Welcome to the Forum @Nikita_Alekseev and thank you so much for reaching out on the Forum!

I confirmed we have received your application and the Team in charge will reply to you as soon as possible. As I mentioned before, this is something we don’t address via the Forum but in order to asure your approval, I would recommend to have a look at this comment and follow the steps suggested.

Have a great week Nikita!