We just found out that since last Monday we were creating automated tasks anymore. After some initial debugging with Postman we could exclude that our integration or API key was the problem.
Our implementation already using the field
html_notes, as that already was there for several years. It seems that the newly activated Rich Text feature does reuse that field.
This technically is a bug, as the end date of December 17 is not reached yet. I am affraid that many API integrations now don’t create tasks anymore, as our implementation does not throw exceptions based on the cURL result.
While looking for a fix, we found out that headers can be sent to disable the feature. We added the following fix (valid until December 17) to make our integration work again:
array_push($headerData, 'Asana-Disable: new_rich_text');