Multiple columns in My Tasks when selecting multiple tasks.c

Recently, I found that when I select two tasks in the same section in My Tasks, the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen browser (this is in Chrome on Windows) always shows the “(multiple columns)” option selected when I click the “Move between sections” option. If I select one of the other sections (e.g., Due Within 7 Days Of Today), the tasks move to that section but the “(multiple columns)” option remains selected. I don’t think it has worked like this before, but someone please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

Hi @Will_Reade15, thanks for reaching out and reporting this issue!

Just to confirm, are you referring to the (multiple columns) option shown in the screenshot below?

If so, could you confirm what is the behaviour you used to see before?

This will help us investigate further! Thank you! :slight_smile:

@Emily_Roman, that is correct. The behavior in the screenshot is what I am currently seeing. I believe I used to see the section where the tasks were located (in this case, I was selecting tasks all in the same section) with a checkmark beside it. I don’t remember ever seeing the “(multiple columns)” option. After I select a new section, the checkmark would move to beside that section when all the tasks were moved to that section. Now, the checkmark remains on the “(multiple columns)” option.

To add to this, the move from one section to another is really slow. In the past, it was fast, bordering on instantaneous. :sunglasses: Now, I see the tasks disappear from the current section about one at a time.

I just checked a project to see if this is happening in other places other than My Tasks, and found the same issue happening in that project. In fact, I had two sections open and selected five tasks in Section A and moved them to Section B using the menu included in your screenshot, and I saw a copy of each task appear in Section B before they slowly disappeared from Section A.

I hope all this helps! :grin:

Thanks for confirming, and sorry for the delay in responding, @Will_Reade15! I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our Product Team, I’ll let you know once I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Emily_Roman, as of today, I am no longer seeing this issue.

Thanks for confirming, @Will_Reade15! This issue should be now resolved. Let us know if you experience any other issues and we will be happy to investigate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.