Multi-line HTML Notes

Is there a place where html_notes limitations are documented?

If I include

or even
elements, I receive an error:

Exception: Request failed for https://app.asana.com returned code 400. Truncated server response: {“errors”:[{“error”:“xml_parsing_error”,“message”:“XML is invalid”

For instance
This variable works when added to the task payload:
let htmlBody = "<body>This is a test task<b> that was created</b> using code. <b>New line of task:</b> with additional information.</body>"

These two fail with the error above:
This variable works when added to the task payload
let htmlBody = "<body>This is a test task<b> that was created</b> using code.<br><br><b>New line of task:</b> with additional information.</body>"

or

let htmlBody = "<body><p>This is a test task<b> that was created</b> using code.</p><p><b>New line of task:</p> with additional information.</body>"

Is there a way to create multi-line HTML notes?

Correction on second htmlBody variable. The closing paragraph is correctly at the end of the string, before the body element. I was editing in line. Below is correct.

let htmlBody = "<body><p>This is a test task<b> that was created</b> using code.</p><p><b>New line of task: with additional information.</p></body>"

@anon69146899,

See:

And specifically the list in Reading Rich Text. I don’t think you can use several of the tags you include because they’re not in the list.

See also:

Hope that helps,

Larry

2 Likes

Thanks. So, in short, “\n” will create a
and “\n\n” a new paragraph.

I just tested it and that worked, which will allow me to accomplish what is needed. I’ll play with some of the other available options as needed.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hi, Matthew. Can you write your example with a working “\n” as a new paragraph?