Messages not appearing after sending

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

After sending messages in the “Messages” tab, they seem to get sent but the message history does not appear on the tab. I have sent a message in the uploaded screenshot, but it still shows empty.

Steps to reproduce:

Go to a board, then to the Messages tab, and send a message.

Browser version:

Latest Chrome.

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Gregory_Storkan, thanks for flagging this! I’ve tested this on my side and can confirm it’s working as expected - the message is showing. Have any other users received a notification to confirm a message was sent?

It would be very helpful if you could provide a screencast of you sending a test message and this message not appearing in under the Messages tab in the Project.

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

I’m happy to do a screencast but I’m not going to post it on a public forum. Is there a way I can send it privately?

Did you change the list inside the “To” by any chance?

I sent it to one of the people who have access to the board.

Thanks for getting back to me @Gregory_Storkan! You can reach out to our Support team with the screencast and they will be happy to look into this further for you! :slight_smile:

I just tried, but it doesn’t let me attach a video file.

It seems to work if I send to the entire board, but if I send to one person the message history does not display.

1 Like

Hi @Gregory_Storkan, thanks for getting back to me. Thanks for clarifying this!

When sending a message to an individual user it is expected that the message history would not display under the Messages section of a Project as this is for Project messages only.

For more on messaging, you can see ou Guide article here:

I hope this helps!

Okay… well, is there a general place for messages where I can see the history of 1:1 messages? If not then there’s no point using it and we might as well go back to email…

1 Like

You can find a Message that you’ve sent or received by navigating to either of the Message reports under the “Reports” section of your sidebar. :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 12.12.01

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.