Make 'focus mode' in board and timeline view similar to list view

I like how focus mode in list view opens up a side panel instead of a full screen lightbox. Would be great if board and timeline view behaved the same way, so that you can still scroll through the whole project when editing one task. Feels less disruptive and more productive/efficient to me.

Great feedback, as far as I’m aware, I don’t think this is part of our near-term plans but I’ll be sure to keep you updated as soon as I have more information. Thanks for starting this thread @Justine_D :slight_smile:

I agree totally (now that I have at last consciously noticed this behavior). Consistent behavior in similar situations is always preferred in a UI - unless there is a specific and compelling reason for one use case to be handled differently.

1 Like

Hi all!

Just a quick note to let you know our team will be running an A/B Test that replaces the current task pane on Timeline and adds a slide in task pane, similar to the one available List view. I’ll make sure to keep you updated and let you know once this is available for everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like