Launching sorting within Sections! 🥳

Thanks, went ahead and voted for that. I definitely think having the ability so sort in descending order for numerical fields would be most valuable as we use fields for cost or leads forecast and want to have the highest ones show first.

Is there a way to turn this feature off completely or will we have to toggle it every time for every project?

You would need to toggle off at the project level once and make sure to save your view as your default layout :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG YES!!! I always needed this. Amazing work Asana Team!! Love this :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a great addition, and long awaited. The only problem is that when I do the sort, it removes the twistees next to a task to show the sub-tasks. That is more of a problem for me than not being able to sort within sections. This example is without the sort: image and this is with the sort: image

2 Likes

Hi @Litt :wave:t3: That is quite of a popular feedback, and if you haven’t yet, I’d recommend casting your vote in Display subtasks on List view when project is filtered/sorted :slight_smile:

Done, and thank you. Have a good weekend.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this feature for a while now! Unfortunately, I’m really hoping to use the Sort Within Sections in reports, not just projects. It seems that this is still not an option. This would be ideal for our weekly production meetings where we want to chat through tasks due or overdue in the upcoming 7 days by project (which we do via a saved report). Right now, those tasks are in a totally random order within the projects (sections) making it annoying to work through things chronologically. Are you looking to roll this feature out for reports as well?

1 Like

One more note is that I was already able to manually move the order of tasks within sections in projects (which I always do so that tasks appear in chronological order) but this is also not an option in reports. So there is literally no way (that I can find) to pull a report that sorts by project and by due date. I would even be happy if I could manually change the order of the tasks within a report as you can within a project. But I’m kind of stuck as it is. Help?

1 Like

@Shawna_Nordman,

An alternative is to use Asana2Go (disclaimer: i’m the creator) for multi-column sorts like product and due date based on an advanced search result:

Larry

Hi @Shawna_Nordman and thanks for sharing your feedback with us! If you haven’t yet, I would recommend casting your vote in this other thread: Sort and filter project by multiple fields (Due date and assignee for example). :slight_smile:

Very excited about this feature! @Marie, are there plans to make this available in the My Tasks view as well? Currently, I have sections set up in that view and would love to be able to sort tasks within those sections as well.

2 Likes

Hi @josh.hester, we’ve some exciting plans for My Tasks, I can’t share more details just yet, but keep an eye out on this space :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Marie This is amazing! Thank you for sharing! Super useful for what we do.

1 Like

Any chance this feature is coming to My Tasks? Always a bit of work to reorganize all tasks as it stands now when they switch sections…

2 Likes

Hi @JohanW! I’m hopeful this will be extended to My Tasks in the future. I don’t have any info just yet in this topic, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as possible!

2 Likes

When I sort by section and the reload the page, the sort in section doesn’t hold - goes back to the pre-automatic sort. Is there some glitch here or is there another step I am not doing?

Hi @David_Kulick,

Can you save this layout by default? That should resolve your issue :slight_smile:

+100