Helpdesk Support Project

I have a IT helpdesk support project that is being fed by an asana form. If needed, we will use the comments to get additional information from the user. Sometimes it seems the user gets added as a team member and then they get all the notifications for ALL tasks in the helpdesk project which is not ideal. My question is how do projects and teams notify individuals? Do I just need to make sure my users are not members of the team where the IT helpdesk project is located, or make sure they are not members of the project. How do I make sure the users don’t get notifications for tasks they are not a collaborator on?

Thanks!

A submission from the form will never add anyone as a project member. So either you have an automation running, or someone doing it manually.

Secondly, project members are only notified of new tasks. They don’t get notified of what’s going on within tasks, unless they are added as collaborators.

Any idea how people gets added at the project level?

2 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman Thank you. I have it figured out. We are new to Asana, and when I add someone as a collaborator to a task if they are not already an asana user, it sends them an invite and adds them as a project members. Only happens when we send an invite. There is an option to check when on the invite screen that says “Share only this task”. I was not checking that option. I am guessing if I do then it will just add them as a task collaborator and not as a project member. Thanks again for your response.

Jay

3 Likes

Awesome thanks, indeed you understood the situation correctly!

1 Like

Wow I just stumbled upon the same situation and was amazed, as I did not remember your message.

@Bastien_Siebman very cool.

Hi all, I have a question regarding this topic.

I was thinking about using Asana as our helpdesk as we are switching systems again. However, since only our IT staff is licenced with Asana and since we are in an org. When the staff fills in a Form and gets added as a follower of a task, they bump up our licence numbers as we all share the same domain email address.

Is there a way we can use asana as a help desk AND having the staff requiring help as a follower of their task without subscribing the whole ORG?

:spiral_notepad: I read a few things regardind Divisions but I think I require Asana help for this.

The workaround would be not to add the submitter as a collaborator, but rather use automation to send emails with the status/comment…

Hi @Bastien_Siebman.
Just realised I never thanked you for your reply, my apologies.

Not what I was chasing but thanks for your time nonetheless.
Merci!

1 Like