Feature request: Markdown

I’ll take a stab at answering this:

• I don’t want to use keyboard shortcuts and highlighting snippets of text to make something monospace. I want to use a couple of backticks, and call it good.
  • I want to be able to copy and paste from a markdown document directly into an Asana task. I want a text format that can be rendered in an environment other than Asana. It should be portable.
  • I want to be able to type in a window, and not have Asana “correct” my “mistakes”. In particular, Asana’s bulleting system is painful to work with. I fight with it as much or more than I used to fight with Microsoft Word’s intelligent formatting. I’m guessing a fair amount of your user base are developers. They type pretty fast, and they’re used to typing in source code to get rendered output.
  • Most importantly, I want to be able to embed language-specific syntax-higlighted code into my Asana descriptions and comments.

That last is significant. Look at what Slack does. We switched from Skype to Slack for several reasons at our company, but the ability to pass each other code snippets in chat, and have it be as readable as in an IDE, was a strong get for us.

74 Likes