Electron Desktop App for Asana

Technically not an integration but I would be super jazzed if there was an Asana desktop app and building such an app on the Electron platform makes a lot of sense to me. Slack, VS Code, Atom, are all great examples of Electron apps and having access to native notifications would really help keeping up on your Inbox.

I’ve seen a few stabs at this done on Github but alas, they were all for Mac only and I’m likely to be forever trapped in the Windows ecosystem. If anyone is aware of a windows-friendly Electron take on Asana, I’d love to hear about it!

4 Likes

@MattBramlage might have some thoughts on this topic :slight_smile:

And to have alert when you have message

Bump!

@Alexis do you have information if this will be supported any time soon?

Actually, it’s okay if there won’t be a desktop app. We are using Asana on Chrome. I believe that it will be a huge improvement if Asana will take advantage of Chrome’s push notifications.

3 Likes

@LenSantos The request has been filed with our product team. They are aware of the issue, but I’m not able to say when the update will be happening specifically.

1 Like

I know it’s been awhile since you requested this, but I’ve revived an old Electron app and brought it’s dependencies up-to-date to the latest version of ElectronJS and it’s build tools. While I’m a Mac user and the “Up loaded” release is in macOS format - it shouldn’t be hard to follow the instructions in the README to make a build for Linux or Windows (and if you like, raise a Pull Request for it).
https://github.com/mountainash/taskana.

Hi everyone!

Today I’m delighted to announce that we’ve opened up Early Access to the new Asana for Desktop application! :tada: Please find all details in our announcement:

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

1 Like