Deleted custom field enum option through API

Hi,

I understand that deleted enum options of a custom field do not get “deleted” rather the enabled value is set to False. When I pull all enum options for a custom field, I can see the “deleted” options. If I attempt to create a new enum option for the custom field, the API throws an error that it already exists. Should I be able to update the enum option by setting enabled back to True? Or, what is the proper way of restoring one? (In the UI, it lets me create a “new” option with the same name and it keeps the original gid.)

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not sure you can restore an option, did you simply try the call? Indeed you can’t in the UI.

Hi, Bastien, I’m trying to recover a couple of deleted options in a field. Could you please guide me on how to do it? Someone in my company deleted not knowing that action will impact all the projects :frowning: . Thanks!
(I’ve tryied creating the option again but it is considered a new option and the task is still showing the Status with a line inside the option)

You need to use the api to change the « enabled » field from false to true. Let me know if you can’t find it

Thanks for your reply. I never used the API before, could you point me in the right direction on how to find more information about that?

Of course, there is an official documentation.