Breadcrumbs to Team page from Project view

It would be great to have breadcrumbs at the top of a Project so you could quickly click up a level into the Team page. The info button lets you see the Team the Project is in, but you can’t click the Team to navigate there.

When you have lots going on in your sidebar, this on-page functionality would be really helpful.

4 Likes

Hi @Justine_D, thanks for providing this feedback!

Adding Team > project breadcrumbs would certainly be a helpful addition to Asana! While this isn’t currently on our roadmap, I’ll keep you updated if this is something our Product team plans to implement in the future. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very surprised this does not have more upvotes.

2 Likes

Totally - I am still trying to decide whether or not we should go with Asana. I really like the functionality and interface, except for the lack of project hierarchy and breadcrumb navigation - these are big disincentives so I’m looking for alternatives where you can have nested projects rather than architecting workarounds that defeat the purpose of having an intuitive interface.

I can’t believe it’s not more reequested either!! Would literally be SOOOOOO convenient!!

1 Like

Asana DOES NOT shine when it comes to nesting. Hive would be a better choice for that.

This definitely has my vote! Especially since it is already available whilst navigating Portfolios>Projects which is really useful. So why not also implement this for Teams>Projects?
Makes perfect sense from a UI/UX perspective… let’s vote, people!! :+1:

4 Likes

Add an indicator of which team any given project belongs to to the project header bar

1 Like

YES, god this has been missing forever :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Brooke_Prieskorn , welcome to the forum :wave:
Great suggestion! I’ve merged your post to this existing thread to consolidate the votes. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Brooke_Prieskorn ,
That’s a good, simple suggestion. I agree

It would be great to have a link to the parent team view directly from the project view (in addition to the sidebar).

It would be great if it matched up with the way that the pathway link appears when you access a project from a portfolio (see below image)

But when accessed through a team menu, you get cutoff at the project level

1 Like

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.

2 Likes

This would be amazing and I’m surprised it’s not available. We also use teams to denote external clients, and have similarly named projects and tasks within various teams. We are currently still in our trial phase testing Asana and the only workaround I’ve thought of is starting each project name with the team name (tedious) and adding a three letter team code at the start of every task (even more tedious).

1 Like