Asana "Dark Mode" Color Option

ClickUp has already implemented a great-looking dark mode. ZenKit has already implemented several themes including a super cool dark one as well. Quire has a beautiful dark theme too. Why is Asana still lagging behind? Nowadays, the lack of a dark mode is just frustrating.

12 Likes

Really? No dark mode? And the suggestion was from September 2017… :thinking:

7 Likes

C’mon Asana team…!

3 Likes

Please, dark mode!! My eyes need it so much :_(

4 Likes

Not to be a mini-mod but everyone keep it civil. They’re working on this and a million other tweaks and projects (just like the rest of us). They’ve created an iOS dark mode because it’s easily implemented (assumption: comparatively) and that shows progress.

I also want dark mode on the web application but this shows they are working toward that goal. Let’s give them time and in the short-term you can find alternative methods through chrome extensions that allow you to adjust css or already have themes prepared. That’s just the way of the web right now.

4 Likes

+1
Dark Mode should be the default style.

3 Likes

I still don’t understand why we should wait years for the dark mode. Obviously so many people want it. It’s not that hard to incorporate it. Slack has it, everyone has it, why asana doesn’t have it?

3 Likes

How it is possible that in 3 years only iOS has this option?

2 Likes

I’ve been maintaining my own dark theme for years now. It’s ridiculous that there is no dark theme for web or Android, STILL, even as both of those OS’s have implemented dark themes at a base level.
Please, this is not even that difficult, and it is an accessibility issue. It’s not just a “cool” thing that we want. Please give us options.

4 Likes

+1 for dark mode. I & my team use it on every app as it’s easier on the eyes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s 2020, how is this not an option?

1 Like

Hi there, @Marie. I just worked through some license with an Asana bot and it mentioned that you can customize your experience, such as selecting a dark or light theme. I got all excited, but then saw your post. Can you ask the right folks to clarify this in the bot? Thanks!

Hi @greer! This @discobot is referring to Discourse the platform we’re using to host our Community Forum, not to Asana!

Let me know if you have any follow-up question!

1 Like

I’m just a newcomer so I randomly picking up topic and posting junk. Bear with it. Sorry.

The question about dark theme is not only about explicitly providing Dark Theme to everybody. I came from Trello and there was no such stuff there, But they did have White Theme, which Asana actually misses too:

зображення зображення

There can be more, I hadn’t prepared for the post. Generally the issues is that when the browser is using dark theme then default text color is white and default background is dark. When you miss to specify correct defaults for you current theme in CSS properties the global defaults are used and they actually can change.

Thanks in advance!

whoaaaa got it, thanks!

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Timeline view is particularly vexing - white on white with TINY light-gray lines. Need some contrast quick - it’s slowing me down live in meetings and making me and Asana look bad! No way am I letting a 3rd party anywhere near my Asana.

2 Likes

Until they add this dark mode I use the Dark Reader addon (available on chrome, firefox, edge and safari) to automatically apply one on any website I visit, it can be disabled per domain name which is useful for website that works poorly with it.

Here is how it looks for My Tasks:

@rbright already mentioned this addon, it’s just a quick reminder :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I would like to see the option to have a dark theme over all of asana. Often times I am working in the evening and a dark theme would be better especially on mobile.

2 Likes

+1 !