Add a HIPPA / BAA policy to Asana

I second this. HIPAA compliance all the way.

2 Likes

Agreed! I donā€™t want to store PHI in Asana, but I do want to be able to use some of the integrations with Google Workspace (my HIPAA-compliant calendar and email, for example).

2 Likes

Agree completely!
We are heavy users of Asana within our dev team and are expanding our project management focus to the rest of the or. We now have to consider other options.
Monday.com appears to be a viable alternative however we feel Asana is a better fit for usā€¦
Please consider making HIPAA compliance a priority.

A lack of HIPAA BAA makes this a no-go for our company. I like the Asana system, but unfortunately we will have to go with a competitor ā€“ most of which do have HIPAA compliance policies and will sign a BAA for Enterprise users.

1 Like

My understanding is that Asanaā€™s Product team is currently exploring HIPAA compliance to better support companies in the healthcare industry.

Also, in the last several months they have rolled out the following limited solution that includes HIPAA compliance just in that specific environment:

cc/@Rebecca_McGrath, @Emily_Roman, @Nao_Kumazaki

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

In the dental field HIPAA compliance is now available. Any dental practictioner with an Invisalign account can access this HIPAA compliant environment.

Hello! Is there any update on offering the HIPAA BAA to all clients?

We cover dental clients in our practice but we are not a dental practice (Anesthesia). HIPAA compliance is really critical for our needs. Would strongly prefer not to use another solution for this aspect of our practice.

Thanks!

2 Likes

HIPAA Compliance is now available in Asana. For details, see:

Note that it requires an Enterprise subscription and an additional add-on option as well.

1 Like

Hi, Thank you for the insightful clarification on HIPAA compliance & I completely agree with you. Understanding that itā€™s not exclusive to the medical field but pertains to handling Protected Health Information under specific conditions is crucial. Your experience as a CTO in the digital health sector adds valuable context. Itā€™s indeed a complex yet necessary consideration for platforms like Asana, opening possibilities for broader usage with robust compliance measures. Appreciate the comprehensive response!