Partial word search matches

It would be great if searches match partial words. It appears that searches only match whole words.

Hi Will, it works for me on the search previews, but not if I hit enter to search a partial word. However, since the search preview work so well, I rarely have to complete a search. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

@Jennifer_Orr, that does make sense. Thanks for pointing that out. If this could be expanded to the list of task results, too, that would be great. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! And yes, that would make sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jennifer_Orr, any luck with partial words? I am new to Asana and I have the same problem.
I was looking for something and I thought it was not there until I have placed the complete word.

Is that a limitation of the software?

Hi George, I think someone from Asana could give you a better answer. Perhaps @Marie? In the meantime, you can use partial word searches but use the suggested results to find what you’re looking for, rather than hitting enter. I get different results on the suggested results vs. the results when I complete the search.

Hi all, and thanks for the mention @Jennifer_Orr :slight_smile:

You’re completely right, our results preview supports partial word search, however the list of results itself doesn’t. I’m confident this is something we will fix in the future, but I don’t have any precise update to share at the moment. I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I do though!

2 Likes

Still not working, search does not find part of keywords, can we expect a date for the fix?

1 Like

Hi @Hanss and welcome to the Forum!:wave:

We don’t have an expected date at the moment but we’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as we do!

2 Likes

+1 vote from me too.
Its normal to be able to do partial work searches in most apps these days.
Please implement this as I was really struggling until I found this thread to confirm this is the current behaviour by design.

Hi, partial word search doesn’t work when doing an advance search. This could be really usefull when searching for a word that is singular or plural. Also searching words with accent (in French) is causing some trouble since we have to search for the word with and without accents (sometimes people do not put them)

Any idea if this will be corrected soon,

Not yet @Francois_Pare, but I’m keeping an eye on this feedback and will keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

Please look at this ASAP as it’s so annoying when searching for part of an email address / phone numbers with or without spacing and singular v plural and the list goes on.