Yourself in multiple organisations

Hi all,

I’ve just read through the whole of this thread and although there are a few useful suggestions that I’ve tried before, such as Taco and Unito, but none of these work as required. Just wondered if there is any chance it might happen soon?

Surely, having a unified task view across organisations is a must for many freelancers and agencies who work with multiple clients?

My scenario is:

I run my own design agency so have my own Asana organisation.
I work with multiple clients using Asana who assign me tasks within their organisations.
I want to be able to see what tasks I have coming up across all clients (organisations) and all projects.

For me, the ideal solutions would be that I have a “Master” account and tasks that are assigned to me by other organisations appear in this account under the My Tasks view. I could then filter that view by organisation if necessary.

This seems a fairly simple and obvious request to me?

Thanks,

Mark

17 Likes

@Mark_Bird Your request is certainly reasonable. In the meantime how about creating a “Command and Contol” project in your main account, save as a Favorite and then have a hyperlink to My Tasks or any part of other Organization or Workspaces you are a member.

1 Like

Hi James and thanks for getting back to me. I’m not sure I understand your suggestion though. Wouldn’t any url I enter just link to a separate page anyway meaning that I may as well just switch between organisations by clicking my profile photo? Also, I’m not sure what url I would enter and where it would go?

Asana Global Task View is a decent Chrome Extension that manages to create a unified view but the inability to sort by due date and the fact that it sits outside Asana makes it only half useful.

@Mark_Bird Yes it has similarities to clicking an switching but is much more granular allowing you to go to My Tasks, Key Projects, Tasks all in one view. And a simple back arrow brings you back to your main space. All you have to do is go to the spot you want to be in one of your other organizations, copy the URL at the top of your browers and paste back into your Command and Control Project which again I suggest marking as a Favorite and putting at the top of Favorites. It also can be used to navigate within your own Organization even though I realize Reports and Favorite Projects can do the same thing.

Hi all,

FYI our upcoming Treesana solution provides this capability: its My Tasks list combines all tasks assigned to you across all of your organizations/workspaces.

1 Like

For those it may help, I got about 85% of the way by creating a Zapier rule. The zap kicks off when a new task is created, or modified, under a certain project in the client account. When initiated it searches to see if I have the task already, if not it creates a new task in my instance of Asana including the originating task body information and due date flag. If I already had that task it updates to reflect the changes made on the client side.

The last 15% I haven’t nailed, I can’t get attachments to port into my instance and unfortunately for me porting over attachments is a must. Thought I’d share in case this Zap, without attachment capability, is still useful to someone else.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing @ambersfoxworth very creative way to build a work around…

2 Likes

Love this solution! This works even better when you need to delegate client tasks to team members but don’t want to bother the client with team member convos. I’m excited to try this! So much easier than re-creating each client task I want to delegate within my own team’s organization. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The website says the windows beta is launching in July… was that last July? And it says there’s a Mac version. Is that already available?

Ah, thanks for pointing that out - I’ve updated the website. Treesana is currently in a limited Windows beta while I re-work some things on the back end. Mac version is planned for after Windows.

I’m just curious if there is any update on a possible solution for agency view of multiple organizations? I am currently in 12 organizations and being able to see an aggravated my task list would be amazjng(versus links to each board or switching).

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @Chelle_Weech, if you haven’t yet, I would recommend to check the 3rd party integration called Taco. It allows you to see all your My Tasks from multiple Organization at once!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

@Phil_Seeman Do I recall that Treesana has the capability of viewing a multiple organization list per @Chelle_Weech request

2 Likes

@James_Carl Yes indeed, Treesana’s My Tasks list includes tasks from all organizations in a user’s Asana account. Thanks for mentioning that!

(Also FYI Treesana has been renamed to Desksana, to reflect that it’s a true desktop app.)

2 Likes

I just tried to use Taco and it’s not currently working. I submitted a request and hope they fix it, but currently it doesn’t let me provide different credentials for different organizations.

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble @Christian_Rodriguez! If Taco doesn’t get fixed soon, have a look at Treesana as recommended by @James_Carl :slight_smile:

That doesn’t work on Mac and doesn’t appear to be actively supported. There really should be an Asana solution for this common problem…

Hi @Christian_Rodriguez and apologies for the trouble here! This other integration called Taco might be a better option for you! We can’t promise if or when we will be able to develop a built-in solution for this, but I’ll make sure to loop you in as soon as I have more information :slight_smile:

Switching back and forth between different companies to view project status is a bit tidies. I constantly get every vendor I can to use Asana, but the downside is that I also have to continually switch accounts.

The ability to insert a project that I am shared on from an outside team into my home team view would be great. Only viewable by me.

This way I can get my notifications and view/update project status from one location.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum @Getz_Pro and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I would recommend to check the 3rd party integration called Taco . It allows you to see all your My Tasks from multiple Organization at once! Hope this helps!

I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this thread: Yourself in multiple organisations . You can find another solution that might suits you better in this post.

Have a great Tuesday!

1 Like