Workspace Invitee Receives Error when Accepting Seat Invite

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
My company uses the “Premium Workspace” plan, and we’ve sent a seat invite to a colleague’s gmail account. When the colleague clicks to open the invite link, they receive an error message that says: " We record all crashes when they happen. If the problem persists, please contact us with the following unique phrase: 20 meek bears walk hourly". We have re-sent them the invite several times, and the colleague has attempted to accept the invite on multiple devices and browsers, but receives the same error. The colleague has also tried to set-up a new account, but receives the following error: " We record all crashes when they happen. If the problem persists, please contact us with the following unique phrase: 20 meek bears walk hourly". In Asana, they’re listed as a member, but their “Type” says: “Pending Invite”.

Steps to reproduce:
Invite someone to a project; click the “Accept Invite” link and then you’ll get a server error.

Browser version: TBD

Upload screenshots below:

Browser versions attempted: Firefox (91.0.2), Chrome (92.0.4515.159) and Safari (14.1.2) as well as Firefox & Safari on iPhone.

Hi @Haley_Vasquez, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Your colleague can try the troubleshooting steps below to see if this helps resolve the issue! If not, they can use the “Contact us” link and provide the unique error message to our Support team who would be happy to look into this further :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

Hi Rebecca,

My colleague did try to use the “Contact us” link, but hasn’t received a response. In addition, they did try opening the original invite link in incognito windows in the 3 different browser types, but got the same server error message. Below is the unique phrase they received:
26 tall bees roar justly

Hi @Haley_Vasquez, thanks for following up. As the Support team has access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team, I would not be able to look into the unique error code on your behalf.

Our Support team should be in touch soon! If you would like me to look into the Support request, please have your colleague reach out directly with their email address and I would be more than happy to help! :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca,

Luckily, the issue was resolved yesterday. I’m unsure how or who, but the error no longer displayed, and my colleague was able to accept our invite.

Thanks a bunch,
Haley

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.