Workload Feature Necessity - Request

Hello,

I love the idea of the workload add-on, and since my agency is deeply ingrained in the Asana platform, I was excited to implement. Upon further review, I saw that essentially “all tasks are created the same” as far as their impact on a resource schedule. If I have 1 task that will take 16 hours, I want to see that 1 task fill two days of capacity, where as right now it will just look like that person has plenty of open time over those two days. This unfortunately is preventing me from signing us up for this tool.

When might an actual workload/task level of effort capability be included in this feature? If that is done well and soon, we will definitely be adding Workload to our mix!

Thank you

From what I know a task weight is indeed on the roadmap

Agree. Not useful without weight.
Also- need to be able to sort or filter both by person and by project.

@Matthew_Taylor1, See this post to sign up for the beta of effort-based Workload:

Larry

1 Like

Hi folks and thanks @Matthew_Taylor1 for raising this question!

Like @Bastien_Siebman already mentioned, our Team is already working on implementing different weight for task in Workload. While I don’t have a precise Timeline to share just yet, we’re hoping to launch this new feature later this summer.

And if you want to have early access to these new options, you can sign up for our Beta here!

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We use a number of different ways of weighting tasks such as percentage of time available, hours per day, total hours over a period of time and points for larger scale sprint based projects.

Do you know the plans for tackling the weighting of tasks in workload?

These are definitely options we’re looking at, but I’ll make sure to loop you in when I have more precise information @Josh_Noble :slight_smile: