Will Asana alert me if someone changes a due date and does it keep a history of changed dates?

Will Asana alert me if someone changes a due date and does it keep a history of changed dates?

If you are a member of the project it will notify you of a changed due date if you have notifications turned on for that project. Asana does not keep a true audit log that is accessible by the GUI [you would have to use the API]. For example, if I change the due date three times you will only see my last change. If three different people change the due date you will see all three changes in the log area.

Interesting and thanks for your rapid reply.

Two points of clarification…

The API currently draws its changes data from the same source as the GUI and thus has the same limitation that it will not necessarily return all changes.

This limitation applies within an approximate 24-hour period, and only to consecutive changes by the same person; i.e. if only one user changes the due date three times within approx. 24 hours you’ll only see the last change; but if within 24 hours I change it, then you change it, then I change it again, you’ll see all of those changes.

1 Like