Width of Tag Element Changes Based on Number of Tags

Why does the width of text boxes containing task tags change based on the number of tags per task? (try saying that three times fast)

While creating a project today, I noticed that the colored box that contains the tag text changes depending on the number of tags per task. If there is a single tag per task, the box containing the text is only as wide as the text itself. However, when additional tags are added to the same task, the width of the text box increases. Below is an example:

Task 1 with tag text “LX” is only as wide as needed to accommodate the text. Task 2 is also tagged with “LX”, but you can see the text box for that tag is wider once additional tags are added to task 2.
Asana Tag Text Box - Feedback

This doesn’t create a workflow problem, but it is unfortunate because it’s the opposite of what you’d want with dynamic element sizing. The more tags added to a task, the wider the text boxes that contain them become, and the wider the column width is needed to see them all.

Any thoughts on this?

Hi @Aaron_Cooke, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! That was certainly a tongue twister :joy: While I can’t confirm why the tag size changes depending on the number of tags, I understand why this would be frustrating.

Hopefully this is a change our Product team makes in the future. I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Agreed that this is undesirable behavior. We make an effort to keep data items short so they can be displayed economically and then Asana artistically lengthens them. Fume…

This is very annoying for super short language tags, taking up all that unnecessary space