Why would a user's changes not show in the task history?

Hi, for some reason a user’s changes to a task, ex. moving from one section to another section, are not showing in the task history. Other contributor’s changes do show in the same task history. It’s causing confusion within the project team as to how a task was moved to a section and at which point in time. Can’t figure out why this is happening.

Hi @Jennifer_Konitski,

This is actually expected behavior. At this time when a task is moved from a section to another, this information is not stored in the activity feed.

Having that said, I completely understand why one would expect this information to be added in tasks activity feed and this topic was previously discussed in the community forum here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us!

But the activity is stored for a task when moved from section to section. I can see the activity when I make the changes.

Hi @Jennifer_Konitski and apologies for the confusion here :slight_smile:

You’re completely right, moving a task from one section to another is usually recorded in the task stories, however if you make multiple changes in 24h, only the last change will be recorded in the task stories. So to take the example in your screenshot if that day you moved this task across multiple Sections, only the last move will be recorded.

Hope this makes sense, but please let us know if you have any follow-up questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

One more question to clarify. Will only the last change from any user show within 24 hours or just the last change per user?

It will keep record of the last change per user @Jennifer_Konitski :slight_smile:

Okay, thank you for confirming. But this brings me back to the original point. I have no activity record for a particular user when he moved the task from one section to another. I have activity record of my moving the task days before and activity record of another user moving the task weeks later. But the interim change, and it was interim because the affected tasks looked as though they just “appeared” in a new section, caused much confusion between owners.