Why are the default reports unremovable?

Why are the default reports unremovable? I don’t use them and think the sidebar might look cleaner if they were removed.

1 Like

Hi @nathan.g,

You’re completely right, as it stands it’s not possible to remove the default reports from your left sidebar. I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback to allow other users to vote for this request!

3 Likes

If not removable, they should be editable.

The default ‘Tasks I’ve Assigned to Others’ shows completed and incomplete tasks when I simply want to see those tasks I’ve assigned which are not yet marked complete.

As a result, I have to create a new search/report just filter out completed tasks and then save it to the reports sidebar, which clutters up the view.

3 Likes

It doesn’t look like this is a popular request, probably because it is relatively minor. But it really would be nice. That is valuable real-estate and if users have some of their own Custom Reports saved, it starts to get full and bump other valuable things down.

I’m curious why these 3 reports are forced on all users and we can’t remove them…?

2 Likes

I have found a solution.

1. Install the CSS user extension: User CSS - Chrome Web Store

2. Open Asana, click the extension and add the following:

.SidebarReportsItemRow {
    display: none;
    }

3. Done!

By the way, you can use this extension basically to change the whole appearance of Asana. I have fixed some other issues as well which I had with the interface.

For instance, this code adds readability to the headers in the sidebar for me:

.SidebarCollapsibleHeader {
    color: #FF9900;
}

.SidebarCollapsibleHeader:hover .SidebarCollapsibleHeader-name, .SidebarCollapsibleHeader:focus .SidebarCollapsibleHeader-name {
    color: #FFBB00;
}
1 Like

Please allow these to be deleted!

This is the same thing I’ve done. I’ve used it to do things like reversing the order of the Asana comments, swapped the clear activity x over to the left side, made the default description box bigger, changed the default colors, and a whole host of other things.

Hi Martin, I just ran across this solution for the sidebar reports, and it works very well! I do not know how to create such things in CSS. Do you know if there is a thread somewhere or list of Asana CSS Hacks anywhere that I could borrow, as I have borrowed yours?
Thank you!
Lisa Young

Basically you have to use the devtools of your Browser to inspect the code of the Asana page. This way you find out which class names are applied to which elements in Asana. This way I found out that the standard search reports have the class .SidebarReportsItemRow, and the CSS property display: none tells the Browser to not display it.

Okay, thank you, Martin. Lisa

I have a ton if you want me to put them together in a thread.

Hi Skyler, That would be great! Thank you for offering.

This looks like a great solution. Can you advise what CSS I add to remove the reports? I don’t know CSS at all.

I have posted already the css “code” to remove the standard reports. Or do you want to hide the whole report section?

Please allow us to delete the default “saved searches.”
I literally never use these, but I do use other saved searches and the defaults just take up space.

i searched the forum for similar posts, I have to assume someone else has requested this already, but couldn’t find it. Please merge with an open request if it’s out there.

Maybe they’ve changed it since this task was created, but there are now 5 default reports/saved searches, none of which I ever used, none of which can be deleted or moved, none of which I have ever used. As someone using the app version, would Martin’s shortcut work, or is that something that only a browser supports?

Same issue here - please fix this, asana-team. It will make the experience sooo much better.