Which Time Tracking App works best with Asana?

Hi
I’m working with zistemo which is really fully integrated into Asana,
Time management functionality without switching between Apps.

2 Likes

Hello @Avni_Gajjar,

I suggest you to look at Everhour + Asana integration. Here is why.

When you connect Asana with Everhour, we sync all your active projects so that you don’t need to make any additional project setup. The synchronization happens automatically.

When you add a new project or change the name of the existing one, we will sync this change after some time. That means your reports will always show the freshest data.

And we also sync such meta information as tags, sections, custom fields. You can do any kind of reports in Everhour based on these details.

You can also set time estimates right inside Asana interface so at any time you can see the time you spend and what is left.

1 Like

Do NOT use TimeCamp. Stay FAR away. Their product is constantly not working properly, their integration is really poor. It creates so much extra work to manage b/c it mis-tracks 18 hrs, b/c their timer won’t shut off, when you tracked 5 mins to one task, and their product service is horrible. I’m still searching for a new solution.

1 Like

The TimeCamp integration worked for me, but TimeCamp had reliability issues of its own (with or without integration).

I have also integrated Asana with TimeDoctor and Hubstaff. I gave up on Time Doctor, because the synchronization took too long in the use case of adding a task in Asana and then immediately starting a timer in TimeDoctor. This has improved since TimeDoctor updated its UI some months ago. Hubstaff synchronizes right away and integration of Asana tasks into Hubstaff has worked consistently for me over about four years of use. Hubstaff has task management too, but has not lured me away from Asana :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Asana with Safari and iOS devices as well as Macs. Any suggestions from you guys on the best integrations that work with Safari on Mac?

It’s seems like everything supports Chrome and Firefox instead.

I agree that TimeCamp has reliability issues. It just happens sometimes that the numbers don’t add up. Not just the reports but even individual time entries will show a completely wrong duration, even though start and end time are correct. I have suggested to them several times that that they implement a some simple check routine that checks for such plain stupid mistakes. But they’ve not done it. They probably think: why do we need such double-checking when we can make sure that all records are correct from the start. Well, yes, if they could ensure that, they don’t need it, But apparently they can’t, and I don’t blame them. Because … computers.

With that said, I have to disagree when it comes to their integration. Last time I checked, the TimeCamp integration was the only one able to fully and flexibly mirror my Asana task hierarchy and track time against every single sub-task, sub-sub-sub-…task. And if you move a subtask to a different task or change its name or whatever, those changes will be reflected in TimeCamp (not immediately, but after the automatic sync occurred, and if you don’t want to wait you can trigger a sync manually). And they seem to have mastered the the transition from task-sections to column-sections in Asana without any problems, including that they calculate the total duration for all tasks under a seaction. You can even add comments to each individual time entry from within Asana.

I would love to, because in some ways they are better than TimeCamp, but they are miles away from the kind of integration I get with TimeCamp and last time I checked, they didn’t even seem to have the ambition of ever mirroring the asana task-tree. That was quite some time ago, though, so I’d be happy to hear that all my deal breakers are now gone.

1 Like

Anyone have experience with TRACKINGTIME?

1 Like

Last time I looked at trackingtime was over two years ago. At the time, the dealbreaker for me was that it doesn’t support sub-tasks at all; they were just converted into tasks so that any task hierarchy is flattened out, which is pretty useless for timetracking purposes…

Hello. I have tested nearly all of the timetracking integrations with Asana. But I did not find a tracking tool, with which it is possible, to track time in a sub and sub-sub task structure and report it also in this structure. I wish a report structure like that.

Task (Time of this task and all Sub-Tasks)
– Subtask (Time of this sub-task and all Sub-Subtasks from it)
– – Sub-Subtask (Time of this sub-sub-task)

Is here anyone who knows, how and with which tool I can get that?

Kind regards

Maik

1 Like

If you want to help, I am building with the help of the community a comparison of the various time tracking apps Time tracking in Asana: a community built comparison

Hi
I’m using TMetric, time and tasks management without switching between apps. Invoicing feature helps me in communication with the client. And for self-control I prefer such features as screenshots and capturing sites and docs I’m using during work

I’m working with TMetric. Very native integration with Asana. And what’s most useful are the features payrolling and budgeting. Makes it very easy to work

Thanks for being honest! I’ll add it to Time tracking in Asana: a community built comparison

How is it with syncing projects between Asana and TMetric? I saw that Everhour pulled everything in from Asana right away, but I can’t seem to find that feature with TMetric.

Hi! It’s set automatically - Asana projects automatically are mapped to TMetric projects and Asana tags are automatically assigned to time entries

I still wish this was integrated as a core feature.

The Asana devs should take a look at how Wrike have incorporated it.

I’m a diehard Asana user and have been for years but a client I started working with uses Wrike and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. Their approach to time tracking on tasks is flawless.

With the Asana integrations to date, one feature seems to be missing with all of them.

I want the total time to be logged in the description or as a comment to the task itself so that data remains within the Asana ecosystem. That would make it so much better.

C’mon devs! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not an Asana Diehard here…but we are spending A LOT of money with Asana and we are looking for another platform to use.

Ready to switch to another platform because of many reasons, although the newest is that 3 new languages have just been rolled out instead of building desperately needed new features. Asana, your dev priority is clearly misinformed. You need to fix the product before trying to get new users.

Hardest Hitting for us:

• Terrible Built in Time Tracking. This is a critical feature. Shouldnt have to buy Harvest or something and all these integrations need to be able to start/stop time on the mobile app easily, as well as show the time spent on each task or on each subtask… And we should have the ability to total all subtask times into the task.
  • No ability to see on the timeline view, other projects that we should be able to overlay/control/ create dependencies from and to.
  • No ability to adjust left column position of the Timeline view (It cuts off the name of the section and hovering over the section name doesn’t show the full name.)
  • Cannot prevent users that needs to have edit access from deleting tasks or timestamp/edit history about the task…for tasks that are owned by their superiors. - There needs to be granularity with regard to deleting/editing the task, and editing the timestamp details (the audit log for each task) - We cannot have team members be able to make changes to tasks and then hiding their tracks. We need to prevent them from doing any of this.
  • There is still no ability for 2 way calendar sync with Google Calendar / Outlook Calendar
  • There is still no UNDO button that records a history of each change that we can click to go back when a mistake is made
  • When something is deleted it needs to go into a shared recycle bin and permissions to permanently delete are only for the owner of the project
  • And maybe one of the the worst issues… inability to reverse sort the fields.
  • No global controls over Task templates or way to even roll them out to existing products
  • No ability to be able to have more than 10 task templates
  • No ability to have more than 1 form per project
  • No ability for Subtasks to have rules applied to them
4 Likes