Desktop Asana app

Just a status update. I have created an app with EPICHROME. It uses chrome as a ā€œbackendā€ and I was able to activate the everhour plugin here. So Now I have an ā€œAppā€ with he everhour integration :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for native app for mac - cā€™mon guys itā€™s time - for this kind of software and how it is used an app is crucialā€¦

4 Likes

one more vote for an app.

1 Like

Do we have any kind of updates to this happening???

2 Likes

What is the status on this? Iā€™m currently looking for another task management software to use because a native app is essential to my business.

2 Likes

Hi all, and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us we really appreciate it. As it stands, building a native app isnā€™t in our near term plans, but weā€™re aware this is a popular request and will certainly consider this option again in the future; so please continue to submit your votes on this thread! Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

3 Likes

Would love this as well. In particular not a full blown app, as can simply use and prefer the website for that. Rather Iā€™m thinking of a Menu app like Fantastical has for quick immediate entry using natural language and since status at a quick glance. All without having to open the app and drill down for quick items.

disappointed that this has been de-prioritized, according to the latest update. our team invested in asana at the end of last year (from another tool with a native app) and will likely be migrating back to that tool because an entire portion of our team really requires the use of a native app. please make this a priority again!

4 Likes

I find it hilarious that I started this topic in April 2017 and our Org has since migrated away from Asana - primarily due to the lack of a Mac app (so that we can get notifications) and Gantt Charts -which they have since implemented.

If you create itā€¦ we might consider migrating back!

4 Likes

@Sync,

Asana has implemented browser notifications:

3 Likes

ooOOoo! Dec '18 ā€“ a NICE recent innovation. :clap:

1 Like

Lack of the app a reason for us as well to limit asana Use within our company. Please reprioritise.

3 Likes

I joined this forum just so I could reply/upvote this thread.

Cā€™mon, everyoneā€™s got a Mac app now, even if itā€™s just a cheesy Electron wrapper with a few integrations for native notifications. Whatā€™s keeping you so long?

4 Likes

It doesnā€™t look like this is coming any time soon but the ability to switch applications with cmd+tab would be a huge boon to my productivity. Iā€™m not a fan of the workarounds and have found I limit my interaction with Asana as a result of it being yet another Chrome tab.

2 Likes

I fully agree, there is not a single explanation from Asana on why not launching a native app? It would so be much more versatile and you would enlarge your group of users + increase your MAU/DAU significantly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seriously, whatā€™s the hold up? We hear that itā€™s been put lower on the dev priority list, but why? Is it a bandwidth issue because of other features being worked on, or is it a fundamental opposition to desktop apps within the team, orā€¦? Just, itā€™d be nice to know if Iā€™m wasting my time selling this product to my company, or if being strung along will eventually pay off.

5 Likes

Mac app PLEASE! We have a large organization and we struggle to justify paying for Asana when it gets lost in web browsers. Whats the hold up here? You have a paying customer waiting to pay for a MAC Asana appā€¦

5 Likes

Another vote for bringing on the native Mac app!

4 Likes

Any info on when the Mac desktop app will be launched??

2 Likes

Our team has just migrated to Asana from Jira and are really loving it so far.

The main thing that Iā€™m struggling with is managing notifications, I really hate getting emails for every little thing.

Since the functionality is so first-class, Iā€™d love to have it as a first-class mac app, specifically for managing notifications for events and everything like that. I donā€™t have a lot of apps on my mac, but Iā€™d love one to use one from you folks.

3 Likes