What is Asana created custom field "priority 1201316773927420"

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I can’t figure out how to get rid of Asana created Custom Field called: “Priority 1201316773927420”. This cause problem because team member add it to projects instead of the shorter Asana created field in library called: “Priority.”

Steps to reproduce: add custom filed from library

Browser version: Edge

Upload screenshots below: not relevant

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_Nelson, thanks for reaching out.

I can’t see this custom field on my side. Could you please provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Please also try these troublehsooting steps to see if this has any impact: Supported browsers and troubleshooting steps | Product guide • Asana

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

I think that’s an old “bug” happening when using a template that has Asana native field, but I don’t remember exactly. @ambforumleader rings a bell?

thank you response. See uploaded screenshot. Bastien is correct about this originating from an Asana Template I must have used once and now it is stuck in my library. I know the “simple” fix is to not use it. But team members will search for a Priority field to add and inadvertently pick this and the “virus” spreads throughout project. Small but annoying bug.

The Asana template used was Cross Functional Project Plan.

I may be remembering wrong but it might be possible that the Support can delete it for you. Again, I am not entirely sure… :thinking:

@Rebecca_McGrath Does my explanation and screenshot help? Is this something Support and delete for me?
If they can delete, that helps for now until someone loads the Asana created Cross Functional Project Plan again which will add the custom field right back. Are you able to communicate to the team that manages the Asana Templates about swapping out the odd Priority Field?

Thanks for the extra information, @Matthew_Nelson! I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our product team so we can investigate further. Since this is an Asana created custom field, we cannot remove it completely from the Asana template but we can update the name to show the right one. In the meantime, you can remove the field from the project created from the template by clicking the Customize menu > Edit field > Remove field.

Hi Everyone!

First post in Asana, and sods law it’s a troubleshooting one!

No negativity though, has anyone seen this default “Priority” defect? It’s appended a load of numbers, but as it’s Asana created, I can’t seem to edit it.

@Bastien_Siebman I know you’ve run into this; I think you were discussing it in another thread recently?

2 Likes

@James_Allnutt,

Have a look at this post, and the rest of the preceding thread:

You can contact Support:

or wait for @Emily_Roman’s update.

Larry

4 Likes

Thanks @lpb! I’m afraid I don’t have updates at the moment. We have already escalated this issue, I’ll let you know once I have more information!

1 Like

Hey! Honoured to have a response from one of the Asana Top community memberss from the Year in Review :wink:

Thanks for this, will check out these responses.

@Emily_Roman Thanks for the update, it’s no biggie - I initially thought someone in our team renamed it themselves, but good to know it’s been escalated.

1 Like

Thanks, @James_Allnutt! Great first post on your part and looking forward to more!!

Larry