What happened to project labels?

They no longer show up once you click on a task. on the left column of all tasks. Now I have to rename all my tasks so I can find things easily. It’s frustrating.

@Amanda_Horne, Can you include a screenshot or describe more precisely where you are in Asana (My Tasks or a project)?

Or maybe turning on the Projects column is what you need???:

Larry

2 Likes

IN this view, I no long see project labels. The projects column is turned on

1 Like

@Amanda_Horne, I just replicated this.

What’s going on is Asana is constructing a responsive view based on the available real estate–the width of your browser window, resolution, zoom level of the browser, font size, and contents.

If you zoom out Cmd+- eventually the Projects column will appear in this view. Or change browser fonts to smaller. Or get a wider display!

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like

My screen is 20" wide by 12" tall. I don’t think I should need a bigger screen. That is the 100% default view in Google Chrome. I shouldn’t have to zoom out because that affects my other windows.

@Emily_Roman, Is this the old My Tasks view? Is the spreadsheet update not rolled out to 100% of users? I checked in the announcement thread and never saw confirmation it was fully rolled out yet.

@Amanda_Horne, maybe that’s the issue, because for me the responsive behavior fits more on the page. Mine looks like the second screenshot animation in We're extending our spreadsheet view to My Tasks! - #46 by Emily_Roman .

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

The spreadsheet view in My Tasks is now available to all customers. @lpb you’re right, when you mention:

@Amanda_Horne we’ve received similar feedback and we have a thread in our #productfeedback category on this topic. You can upvote for this feature here: See project and due date columns when clicking on a specific task to see details in the right side panel in My Tasks regardless of the screen size

As a workaround, you can also try collapsing your sidebar to give more space to your My Tasks list.

Thanks you so much for your help here, @lpb! :star:

1 Like

But @Emily_Roman, doesn’t the screenshot in What happened to project labels? - #3 by Amanda_Horne look like the old My Tasks to you?

Thanks,

Larry

It looks like the new My Tasks for me @lpb! I actually see the same in my test Workspace and Asana Organization:

What I can see is that the list is sorted by Due Date and for this reason the “recently assigned” section doesn’t appear.

@Emily_Roman, Neither yourx screenshot nor Amanda’s has the title Due Date in the header and a column for date like mine does:

Are you running an A/B test silently?

Thanks,

Larry

@lpb, it seems you are not able to reproduce Amanda’s report since your screen is bigger. So when you open a task, you can see both Due date and projects. I just made a gif to show you what happens when I open a task and why our screenshots looks different :slight_smile: This is not a A/B test but it’s how it works for smaller screens.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (13)

1 Like

Ahhh…so sorry, @Emily_Roman. When I tried the narrower screen a few days ago I didn’t notice that column header effect; interesting. Thanks for clarifying!

Larry

2 Likes