Weird sections inside sections that can't be deleted!

I know there was another thread about non - deleting sections but it didn’t seem to quite fit the behaviour I am finding in one of my projects. I am on the new spreadsheet view with the collapsible and deleteable (not sure that’s a word) sections. But Asana seems to have created new sections inside the old sections that were in this project and the old sections - which are somehow not in the right place are not deleteable. All the new sections have been given the same name ('Graduate Programe 2019)

It also won’t let me create a new section - this is greyed out in the dropdown menu. I’m guessing this is a bug.

1 Like

Hi @Ruth_Newnham :wave: Thank you for reaching out. Let me see if I can help you here.

From what I see in your screenshot, you have sorted your view by the Custom Field Aveva Types. So what you have outlined in pink are actually the Values of that Custom Field ( Pic’n’ Mix - S’Board 2015 - Grad Prog 2019). This is the reason why they are not deletable or modifiable.

Graduate Programme 2009 is indeed the Section but although it seems duplicated, it’s there to show in which Section these tasks are nested.

I hope this helps Ruth! And I’m sorry if this has caused you some confusion. Maybe if you want to explain to us what you are trying to achieve, we might be able to advice you with a better workaround!

Ps: There is an existing thread regarding this issue: Sections should be maintained when sorting alphabetically within a project - #6 by Kenya_Simon. If you haven’t yet, I recommend you to upvote it!

Please let me know if there is anything ele I can help you with!

3 Likes

Thanks @Natalia I thought I was going bonkers! :crazy_face:

2 Likes