Webinar Template

We host monthly webinars with awesome champions (check out some of the recordings here), and there’s dozens of steps to plan and prepare for each. To facilitate the planning process, I built out a webinar planning project as a template that I copy over for each new project.

How I set it up:

• Create sections for the weeks leading up to the event
  • Create tasks for each individual action item
  • Include context in the description with key instructions for any action items. This allows me to delegate them to colleagues without having to prepare additional instructions.
  • Use a quick marker (**) for tasks that will be assigned to the speaker

By creating this template and copying it each time, the process is now more streamlined and efficient and I can make sure nothing falls through the cracks- even those tasks that seem mundane can become critical if missed. Using this template also allows me to hand off some (or all) of the planning tasks to a colleague if I need help or have to pass off the process down the road.

Check out the screenshot of my template below.

(https://us.v-cdn.net/6028221/uploads/editor/np/t785q8bot20w.png “”)

4 Likes

You can reach out to us at templana.com to get your template on the site!

Thanks for sharing your process, @Kaitie!

1 Like

Cool! One related tip: In addition to a screenshot, you can multiple-select the list and hit Ctrl-C to copy it, and then paste it here (or anywhere else) to turn it into text. To use a generic example:

First Section:
Task 1
Task 2
Task 3
Second Section:
Task 4
Task 5
Task 6

Then anyone can start a new project, click to start a new task, and just paste the same list. Asana will use the line breaks and colons to create the sections and tasks automatically. You can’t share subtasks, descriptions, dependencies, etc., this way, but the screenshot doesn’t share those, either.

In other words, this is a simple way to share basic templates outside of Asana, especially here in the Community.

1 Like

I’d love to take a look at this but looks like the link is broken. Any chance there’s somewhere else that I could find it? Thank you!

1 Like