Webhooks Sending Double

Hi! I recently set up an integration through Integromat from our Asana to Outlook to send an email to our clients when we’ve completed certain steps in the process. The email is formatted in HTML, and when I started to add variant text in the email like subject, header, and body for each task that is completed it fires off two identical emails. When I click “Explain Scenario” I can see it fires off twice, but I’m not sure why.

I was told by Integromat to reach out to Asana Support and I was directed by Asana Support report to ask here. I’ve done some searching around, and I wasn’t able to find a similar question asked. Does anyone know why it’s firing off twice?

Hi @Micah_Mills,

I have not-great news. Asana’s API is known to be “noisy”, that is, it fires multiple API events for the same event that occurs in the UI. I’m assuming that’s the source of your duplication.

Normally we developers have to account for this property of the API in the apps that we write. But I’m not sure how you would do that in Integromat.