Webhook for Due Date

Is there any way to create a webhook for a Task with a due date / time that is now?

Background: I wanna create a Social Media Publishing System based on Asana together with Integromat where the Due Date should trigger the whole Publishing-Process

Hi @Felix_StĂĽrmer,

It’s not possible to create a webhook that only fires on certain values. You’d need to create a webhook that fires on all changes to due dates, and then check the task’s due date value on each received event to see if it’s “now”.

1 Like

Hey! Thank you for your answer but i really don’t see a clear path to realize that with a webhook and the change event? Can you be more precise here?

In general, you’d want to create a webhook on a given project like this one shown here:

https://developers.asana.com/docs/webhook-filter

except that you wouldn’t need the “dependencies” filter, just the “due_on” and “due_at” ones.

However, since you mention using Integromatt, the specifics of how they support the creation of webhooks will be the key; I’ve not used that tool so I’m afraid I can’t help you there.

Based on what I put on The Asana automation bible: all the triggers and actions from Asana, Zapier, Flowsana, Make.com @Phil_Seeman Flowsana has “Due date approaching or past due by a certain amount, changes at midnight”, would you consider adding an action “call endpoint” from Flowsana to solve this?

Hmm! Two solutions combined for that sounding dirty - isn’t it possible to integrate stuff like that as an available webhook that triggers from Asana directly and is available then for all tools?

Again, the answer is “yes” for a webhook that fires an event when a due date changes, “no” for a webhook that fires based on specific values of that due date.

Yes, I am considering that! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.