Visibility of all Recurring tasks

Our team needs this too. The problem with the workaround is that if you make changes to the details they have to be copied across all of the duplicate tasks. It would be great if this could be a preference. “Show Recurring tasks on Calendar?” With an option to set how many repeats to show.

1 Like

Definitely should be a feature that can be toggled On & Off as per each user’s needs and use case. Not sure why this is not already a feature.

2 Likes

I suspect they use and think of Recurring Tasks as being of the small to-do, reminder type: “Tidy my desk”. The workload is tiny, the urgency is low, and if the Task doesn’t get done, so be it, as it can readily be pushed into the next week. In that case, sure, I wouldn’t want 50 such Tasks on my calendar, either.

But many users have the exact opposite type of recurring Task, “Develop blog topic and product content on Sunday and Wednesday” or “Prep and deliver weekly onboarding session for new hires” or “Overhaul ferry engines Sunday for Monday AM departure” - i.e. Tasks that have a high workload, must be done at the stated day and time, and probably lose relevance or create serious trouble if they have to be pushed later. These absolutely must be populated on a calendar well in advance, for as long as the workload planning horizon may be…months, even years for some cases.

I wish Asana had the vision to see that BOTH these task types exist.

7 Likes

Yes, the next new task is not created until the former one is marked completed. I agree with this, it will be helpful if ALL of the reoccurrence instances were generated when the task is created rather than completed so scheduling visibility is made more complete.

This feature would help me a lot because we have alot of returning events to organize in the future. Not seeing the recurring events would mess up a lot of work.
Setting up each event by hand would also bring a lot of manual labor what i wanted to reduce with asana.

This would be a huge benefit when planning out workload. If I’m on vacation all next week and need to delegate a recurring weekly task, but not showing due to it being delegated and I haven’t completed it this week, that could lead to missed tasks/work. Definitely voting for this!!

1 Like

I wanted to use the calendar for our internal comms plan but not seeing when they are all due to give a company wide view, until the last one is complete is a real drawback.

2 Likes

This would be really helpful for us too.

How is this not a feature already implemented by Asana, this is critical for any business/team to plan ahead. Please for the love of god add this option to the calendar.

1 Like

Including my feedback as well, disappointing that this has been asked for for 5 years and still not implemented. Standard in outlook, google calendar, etc. Setting tasks as recurring isn’t an automation feature if you have to make a weekly meeting for every week of a year long project by hand just to quantify the work required. Fail.

Please add this capability - this isn’t a ‘feature’. A lot of us really need to be able to see our recurring tasks - it’s making an absolute mess of planning when this information isn’t visible - there is no point in using recurring tasks in some cases if we can’t see all of them (or have the option to see them if needed).

I hope, after 5 years of this being an ‘issue’ that it is soon resolved.

Please provide an update or timeline on this critical feature! I need to be able to see what my calendar looks like a week or month from now (with reoccurring tasks). I just started my Asana trial and really like the other functionality. But this is a deal breaker for me. Would like an update before I commit.

1 Like

@Becca_Harris I completely agree. I’m moving over from ClickUp (which is so feature packed but a bit overwhelming) and I just can’t imagine not being able to see my recurring tasks laid out in front of me for the future. I understand their position on it but we need to have the option to view if we want to.

The project overview pages is what might keep me but I just can’t imagine that software like this doesn’t have this functionality already…I would really love an update on this as well. It’s about time :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Becca_Harris - I’d take a look around the support forum to get a sense on how quickly Asana gets around to developing features it’s user base requests.

If you’re looking for a company that acts fast and caters to it’s users, you’re going to want to explore other options.

1 Like

Came Here.
Same Problem.
Saw ASANA just Ignored It For 5 Years.
Discovered ClickUp From A Few Posters On Here.
Moved.

2 Likes

If 7 years of upvoting doesn’t do it, I’m not sure anything will!

Let us choose! Can’t you give us the option to see or hide recurring tasks? That way everyone’s happy.

I agree - a choice would be nice so we can pick if we want them all visible or not. In the meantime, I’m using task templates for the ones I want to stick to the project. It’s a bit more setup up front, but works well (whatever is in the task when creating the task template will stay the same - I just leave the due date empty so that’s the only part I have to fill in when creating a task from that template).

Wow, I have been using the Task List view mostly so far, for managing one-off tasks, but I really wanted to increase my use of Asana for managing my many recurrent tasks, so I loaded them all into Asana. I was really excited to then find the Calendar view which I hadn’t seen or used before! Great, that’s just what I need! And then I’m completely disappointed to find that it is empty beyond one week!

Then I read hundreds and hundreds of comments from users saying the same thing, and I’m just in complete shock. :open_mouth:

I guess if I just create recurring calendar events or reminders in Google Calendar this will just work better. I’m already using that for event scheduling so if I get rid of Asana I can just put all tasks and events in one place. It’s a shame because the Task List view is pretty decent.

I have recently started using Asana, and I love it! Except… Why is a feature that has been requested since before 2017 still not been implemented? Just curious… I would love to have everything in Asana, but the fact that my calendar will not show my future recurring tasks creates the need for additions. I have voted, but do you have this on the agenda at all? :slight_smile: Would love to have it all in one as I am using Asana to UPLEVEL! :slight_smile: