Visibility of all Recurring tasks

I manage a social media calendar and the ability to see the reoccurring tasks in calendar view is crucial. At a glance everyone can see what days need what posts. We want to also be able to put titles on each day when chosen in advance and cannot do that with the current design. I can’t believe after 4 years on this original post and ask that nothing has been developed or even in QA, beta by now. The community is asking. Should be a toggle to show or hide.

I got into ASANA to sort my calendar out, and not having this functionality make it hard to plan the future weeks… I feel it’s a very basic setting that should be available… Even if it’s only for 2 months ahead…
It’s really doing my head that this is not available…

1 Like

But if a task is set to reoccur so often that it “fills the task list” then what’s the problem with that? If there are lots of other tasks in between the recurring tasks then it fills up too. This seems like a silly reason to just withhold our tasks from view.

2 Likes

Agree with the posts and let’s be honest, there’s no need to list every reason why as it is pretty simple. If Asana doesn’t allow recurring tasks then it’s pretty pointless as a calendar/scheduling tool.

4 Likes

I’m new to this thread, but have to agree with other responses like @Federico_Neri above. Having “clutter” or “tons of tasks” show up in our Calendars is NOT a huge downside–it’s a realistic portrayal of our TRUE workloads. If I have a dozen or so mandatory meetings per week, then their ABSENCE from the calendar view is the huge downside.

My leadership is expecting me to keep the calendar view up to date so they can predict how much work they can expect from me on a daily basis. Right now it can appear that I have nothing but time for them tomorrow, when in fact I have 4 hours of meetings. Obscuring that fact might APPEAR clean and tidy, but it’s false. The truly cluttered nature of our calendars is the very thing that drives our need to SEE the clutter in Asana somehow. Asana does so many things well that it honestly leaves me dumfounded that we don’t appear to be in agreement on this point.

3 Likes

Also the Task will not show up in Workload in the portfolio.
So that is the same fail.

Just upgraded to Premium after signing up and immediately canceling a few years ago. Couldn’t remember why. Within an hour I remembered why. Can’t work without seeing my scheduled tasks. Seriously, four years and all the community has to show for it is an ambassador with an attitude?

Unfortunately, I have to shop around again and Asana has more competition now than ever before.

Why why why isn’t this change being made? We’re all desperate to understand.

4 Likes

This thread started in 2017. Asana, why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

5 Likes

wow this feature is still missing?!?!?!

1 Like

So, I just started using this program for planning. Supposed to be superior to the competitors, and I agreed. I’ve set up everything, every project, every recurring task, I check the calender, and… this.

A quick google gave me a lot of results, all with the same answer: check THIS post.
It’s been 4 years since this was being asked for by the community, and it’s still not implemented.

Please implement this ASAP, or I might even start to say things like Microsoft Teams may be an alternative :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Why isn’t this tool being added as a link to the Recurring Table?
If this is what I think what it is, this could be programmed as an export/import checkbox, and we are done!
Make it happen, I’m only waiting for an hour, the rest has been waiting for years.

What is it? I don’t understand what you are referring to. I don’t work for Asana, my tool can’t be available in Asana…

I’m newer to Asana (joined in the past month or so) and was quickly floored that I can’t see all my future recurring tasks. I jumped into Asana to streamline my systems, but now I’m finding I’ll need to add back in a very basic calendar function just to manage this aspect of my future workflow. I’m also feeling really discouraged that this thread has been going for so many years with no real change in the pipeline. I wholeheartedly agree that this should be an easy no-brainer fix, along with the ability to toggle off this feature (for what I assume is a small minority of users).

6 Likes

For editorial calendar items repeat often but on the calendar view it’s impossible to see that. Is there an update on the timeline for this request?

I am new to Asana as well, but I am really disappointed that reoccurring tasks don’t show up in the Calendar. Is there any way to fix this feature?

Reallllly Need this!!!

This request was posted for 4 years ago and Asana still have not come up with a solution. This is really disappointing. It really is kind of a deal breaker. I cant imagine what the developers must have thought here. As others have said, the whole point of a calendar is to see all future tasks even though they are recurring and I’m not going to manually add a lot of tasks manually. I have tasks that needs to get done 7 days a week and the solution is to create 7 tasks of the same task for different days ? Really didnt expect this from Asana.

2 Likes

That does not make sense. To avoid clutter you could just let the user specify the amount of recurring tasks the user want to show on the calendar, simple as that so you can have as much so called “clutter” you want. I wonder how Asana handles projects, maybe you dont even use your own tools ? I certainty know I cant trust Asana with any feature request. I will have to look at other tools to see if they can fit my need better, but I really did like asana.

3 Likes

I’m new to Asana and using it for person productivity before deciding whether to pay the 11 dollars a month per seat for my 50-person company.

Without this feature, I won’t be paying for this platform.

So I’ll be looking to spend my 6000 bucks a year elsewhere.

That’s probably a drop in the bucket for asana. But let’s conservatively say there’s 200 or so people like me … that’s a million in new recurring annual revenue.

3 Likes

This is super lame. Feels like such an oversight especially for us Marketing folk. Any updates on this?

3 Likes