Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces

10000000 %- I’ve checked back for this repeatedly over the years. Its seems half…err… near all of these applications are built for people with very basic lives and workflows. Not people the build and collaborate across magical silos.

1 Like

Can you provide screen caps of what it looks like with everything pulled together? Whats a view look like across Asana orgs/workspaces? I don’t see any pics showing this on their site.

1 Like

So there are 200+ votes here. When do you think the developers will see this thread and actually implement this into Asana. Cuz this has been a suggestion for ~ 2 years now.

3 Likes

I also am using Asana across 4 workspaces (personal/household, a start up company, a small business I run, and my full-time job).

PLEASE… I would love this feature. I need to be super disciplined and organized to accomplish all I dream of.

I’ll try out some of the other temp solutions, but am not excited about them. I don’t want another login/system to maintain.

2 Likes

Yet another +1.

+1 on the view tasks across multiple workspaces request

Same here, this would be really helpful.
I definitely need this feature. Using Tacoapp now, but it’s far from being good.
So big +1 on this feature request.

Important feature. I also support a unified view (and notifications). +1

I tried asana, loaded all my clients and projects - but was missing this unified view feature. The tab extension definitely won’t cut it (besides it loads slowly too).

Unfortunately, I had to switch back to Jira - which in my eyes was only superior to Asana because of the fact that it’s easy to setup dashboards for unified views across projects. I liked Asana better in every other aspect.

If you add Jira style dashboards with unified views of Kanban issue statuses, across multiple projects and workspaces, I’ll come back to Asana in a heartbeat.

1 Like

This would be extremely useful…

This is in-fact an extreme useful feature. The lack of this feature is a show-stopper for asana.

Yeah for business people it is definately required, its funny, I can visualise my tasks better on the widget for android as I have a separate widget open on each home screen, I have 5 businesses I am running and at least I can keep a breast of things this way but the web version should have all this covered even better, Quite disappointing.

Hi @Cody_Fraser and welcome to the Forum :wink:

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us on this topic; hopefully this is something we can build in the future :crossed_fingers:t3:in the meantime you might be interested in this 3rd party integration Taco which allows you to see your tasks across multiple Org/Workspaces :slight_smile:

+1
The unique feature that make THE difference.

How a so incredible service like Asana has not this feature after 2 long years??
It seems to be so simple to implement…

Pleassse…

The lack of this feature is what torpedo’d my attempts to get my organisation to adopt Asana. We don’t work like Asana wants us to, i.e. I don’t have a ‘team’, I have projects and assemble a team from across 6 global offices for each one as they begin. These people need to see the totality of their workload, not flit between ‘teams’ for a scattering of information. Frustrating.

+1 the unavailability of this critical feature is going to prohibit our organization from adopting Asana going forward.

+1 would love this

I’m also looking for this feature… but I wanted to chime in on your comment in case there might already be a solution for you. Even if you don’t have traditional Teams it sounds like you’re all in the same Organization, which means you should be able to see all your tasks in one place. Where Asana builds walls is between Organizations.

Personally, if I were in your situation I would create a Team of just me (sounds odd perhaps) and not worry about adding other users to the Team. Then when you have a Project you can add the various people just to that specific Project.

In theory, all your co-workers could do the same and you’d have a bunch of Teams of One. But then whoever is running a Project could add different people to each individual Project.

That was basically how I started using Asana because I work on Continuous Improvements in our company, so I’m kind of a solo department. The “Continuous Improvement TEAM” was basically just me. But then every Project I would have would involve totally different people so I added them at the Project level.

And again, doing it this way (because it is all in the same Organization) would keep everything in one place and visible.

Chiming in that I will not be able to get my organization to buy-into Asana (especially not at a paid level) without this very fundamental request. It’s disheartening to see that this thread is years old and it’s still not possible yet.

Quick reminder but if you want this feature please vote for it. Though at this point, I have no idea if these votes are even being seen by the developers considering it has been 3+ years apparently since this suggestion first started, with over 200+ votes and quite a few Quora posts etc. on it.
@Developers If you are listening, please add this feature. It is the only reason why I am hesitant about Asana because everything else about Asana is practically perfect. But I like to use Workspaces to organize my tasks even more so and if I can’t see all of those tasks altogether, it becomes harder to plan out the day and make sure that I am up to date. While I know that you guys focus on collaboration over the personal productivity of others, I just want to point out that each person has both a personal life and a professional life and in order to be and stay productive, that person must be able to balance the two. We use our personal life to plan out how we do things in our professional life and vice versa, thus making it very important that we see all our tasks to that we can adequately plan out tasks and stay productive. If you can’t provide this feature, then you are essentially tarnishing a good percentage of productivity of an individual. And while I know Taco and other apps exist to link up to Asana, I’d rather use one platform than have to use a bunch others.