View Projects as a List by default

Having the ability to view projects within a team as a list by default without having to manually edit every time.

Hi @Salar_Tahour and welcome to the Forum!

This should be available once we implement the ability to switch view from Board to Project (and vice versa). Will keep you posted as soon as I have some updates in this regards!

3 Likes

View settings should be saved on a per-user basis. While I prefer list view for projects, others may prefer grid. Not sure what this has to do with switching from Board to Project.

Also, if a user prefers list view for projects, should it apply to the project view for all other teams? That’d be my vote, but others may prefer different views for different teams. Either way, not having it switch back after having set your preferred view would be appreciated.

1 Like

Has this been updated…I want to change my default to view projects as a list as well.

1 Like

Not just yet @Steve_Podell but we’re hoping to roll it out soon!

2 Likes

Me either! I want this feature so much. Waiting for your update.

1 Like

Agreed, this is a much needed feature as constant manual selection to redo preferred settings wastes time and becomes frustrating. Listen to your customers Asana and improve the experience for future customers. Thank you.

1 Like

near 4 years for this simple feature? Really?

1 Like

Is there anyway to setup the Project View to the List View to be the default view vs View as Tiles?

2 Likes

Hi @EdgarArana :wave: Thank you so much for reaching out.

At the moment it is no possible to setup the Project View to the List View by default. We already have a thread regarding this topic in the #productfeedback category, so I’ve gone ahead a merged your post with this main thread. I hope it’s OK. If you haven’t yet, feel free to upvote for it.

I’ll make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I get an update about it!

Have a great Monday!

1 Like

When I create a list in a new workspace that I create, I can switch between List or Grid view. I don’t have this option in my main organization space. What gives?

1 Like

Hi @Vicky_Winkler :wave:

This functionality has been slowly rolled out across Asana so if you don’t see this ability in your Organization just yet, you will soon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! I can’t wait!

2 Likes

Please, this is a most needed feature.

1 Like

Hi @Patrick_Chenard,

We’re in the process of rolling out this update, you can follow-up on updates here :point_right: Switching from Boards to List View (and vice versa) and if you’re interested to learn more about the technical aspect involved, have a look at Sections are dead! Long live sections! :slight_smile:

Hi! Is this feature available yet? Would be so nice to have…

Hi @Natalia
Just to confirm are you meaning the List View for Team Projects (as opposed to the default Tile View) …Or are you referring to the new list view for individual tasks within a project?

Definitely looking forward to the new list view for tasks, but in this case wanting the List View for Team Projects (not Tile View).
Thanks

Hi @Jamie_Alter :wave:

I was referring to the option to Switch between List and Board within a Project although this thread is really about the option to view projects within a Team as a List by default as opposed to the default Tile View

Regarding the Project view within a Team, I don’t have an update to share at the moment, but I’ll make sure to post in this thread aso soon as I do!

Have a great Tuesday!

Thanks @Natalia

So I know, will there be an option to view projects within a team as a list by default and not tile?

1 Like

Would really like to be able to see projects within a team as list by default, any news on that?