View list of Tasks by Project Heading in Inbox similar to Batch view

Does anyone know how to view a list of Tasks under each Project in Inbox (ie, the same view as Batch View) when tasks are not all updated within the hour?
It would be great to see a summary of all Tasks under each Project heading for easy access.
Thanks.

Hi @Kirsten_Ross and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Just to fully understand your question: are you referring to the option to filter the Inbox by Project?

As it stands, there isn’t an option to filter Inbox by Project but we already have a thread requesting this feature, so If you haven’t yet, I would recommend you to add your vote on this thread: More filtering options to filter Inbox notifications

Please, let me know if you have any follow-up question! Happy Friday! :smiley:

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your question. My query is whether teams can view the inbox each day as a summary of projects/tasks under each heading for easy access. Similar to batch view but one that can be created without having to update the tasks within a one
hour period.

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Kirsten

Thanks for the clarification @Kirsten_Ross. This is not possible at the moment but seems like a good idea to share in: More filtering options to filter Inbox notifications

You can find more information about Inbox in the following articles:

Please, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Have a great Tuesday!

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for suggesting this. Can you tell me the minimum number of task updates required for a Batch Update View to be created?

Thank you,

Kirsten

Hi Natalia,
Are you able to assist re my question below?

Many thanks,

Kirsten

Hi Natalia,
Can you help me with this please.

We currently have two workspaces. Each workspace updates their tasks first thing in the morning within a 1 hour block to generate a batch update view.

QUESTION: Does Batch Update View generate as an email or on the Asana App?

QUESTION: It appears that one workspace is successful at generating a Batch Update View however the other workspace is not. How can we rectify this? Is it something we can check in Asana settings?

QUESTION: What is the minimum number of task updates required in order to generate a Batch Update View.

I await your reply. Please can you reply before tomorrow morning (21 Aug AEST) as I have a meeting with my colleague in the other workspace to sort this out.

Thank you,
Kirsten

Hi @Kirsten_Ross and I’m really really sorry for the late reply here! :disappointed:

Question 1: The batch update notification are sent by email. You can learn more about it in this guide article: Email notifications from Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide
In inbox, what you will see as batch are when new tasks are added to a certain Project or when a Particular task you follow has been commented

Question 1: Batch Updates are sent by email. If you are receiving multiple notifications, we will batch them into one email. (You can read more about this in this Guide Article. Regarding the Inbox, Updates when new Tasks are created in a particular Project will be batched.

Question 2: As previously mentioned, you will received batch updates when several tasks were added to or completed in a certain Project. In order to receive these updates, please ensure you have the Project notifications enabled. You can learn how to do so here.

Question 3: You will receive you batch update by email every 1 hour, as long as you have at least 1 new notification.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

Have a nice day!

Hi Natalie,

Thank you very much for your answers. I think we are there on the Batch Update View.

• As I understand it, currently there is no other summary list to view a group of updated tasks that can be viewed in the Inbox without seeing all comments within each task. Is this correct?
  • Is there a way of hiding the comments so that only the most recent comment shows in the Inbox?
  • Or, is there a way of flipping the order of the comments so that the most recent comment appears at the top rather than the bottom?

Kind regards,

Kirsten

Hi @Kirsten_Ross

• Yes, that is correct. Only Comments to a particular Task and new Tasks created in a Particular Project will be seen as batch in Inbox

• As it stands, it is currently not possible to hide or to change the order of the comments in Inbox, all new comments will appear at the bottom.

Please, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Have a great Tuesday!

Hi @Kirsten_Ross,

Re:

If you’re on a paid plan, have you considered Advanced Search Views/Reports? I think this may match some of your core requirements. It’s not Inbox, but Inbox I don’t feel is the place to best address your needs. Search Views can be grouped by Project; their contents are flexible based on all the search parameters; they show lists of results without coments; etc.

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like