View in timeline inconsistent?

Once again I am wondering if I have missed some special trick or obvious step. The view of sections in my timeline is inconsistent. I can’t work out why. Some sections show the tasks on different levels, others show them all in a single line.

Can anyone work out what I am doing or is this a bug?

Hey @Ruth_Newnham, thanks so much for your question and the super helpful screenshot!

Having had a look into this I can see that your current view has something to do with some of the Projects Sections Tasks having multiple dependencies whereas other Sections Tasks have just one or no dependencies. Furthermore, it looks like Tasks tend to appear below each other if the Due Dates are very close together and next to each other if they are set a few days apart from each other.

I think that you could improve the overall view of your Projects Timeline by zooming in to 40% rather than 20%. I can understand that this may not be ideal and was able to find existing feedback on improving the Timeline view for 20% here. Feel free to leave a vote or share your thoughts on this thread if you would like!

I am sorry I could not be of more help to you with this, please feel more than welcome to get back to me with any follow-up questions or concerns you may have.

1 Like

Hi @Ruth_Newnham
You can also have a look at the following topic and add your vote as it is very close to the issue you’re having:

Thank @Edda. However, even if I add in extra dependencies so sections have the same number, it doesn’t change. There is in fact very little difference in the time frames for each section as they are similar events, and whether I zoom in or out makes no difference either. (I only zoomed in to 20% so that the screenshot would show more sections)