VERY SLOW downloading/viewing attachments

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Viewing or downloading an attachment is incredibly slow. I have 150 mbps internet and it sometimes takes 60+ seconds to download or view an attachment ~1 MB (image file or otherwise). Downloads happen in the 100 kbit/s range.

Steps to reproduce:
Attach file to asana task. Wait a day. Open it from different account and device.

Browser version:
Chromium Linux version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Max10, I’m sorry to hear that you’re running into this issue!

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if these resolve the issue?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply. I have tried everything, it is still just as slow. It’s been like this for a long time, and the entire team complains about it. So I am confident that it is not only my device/internet.

Just to clarify: image previews load fast, but clicking on them / downloading attachments is what is (very) slow.

Checking the network requests, you seem to redirect (HTTP 303) the download URL to an S3 bucket URL (asana-user-private-us-east-1.s3.amazonaws.com). S3 has transfer limitations, I am confident that this is the root cause of the issue. You should consider not serving attachments directly from S3 or setting up S3 transfer acceleration. More on S3 performance: Best practices design patterns: optimizing Amazon S3 performance - Amazon Simple Storage Service

Cheers.

Thanks for getting back to me, @Max10. This sure is strange! I would suggest reaching out to our Support team as they have access to additional tools that we don’t have on the Community team to be able to assist you further.

You can reach out to them by following the steps below:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.