Very first access to Asana

Hi there,

I’m writing an instructions for new joiners how to access Asana. And when I logged in for the very first time into the system myself (couple days ago) I noticed that first of all you need to find your “team member” and then you need to select a team you would like to join, otherwise system will not let you to continue. I didn’t find any screens and proofs that this step could be skipped.

Also I found these in the guide:

1. Members who have automatically joined your Organization will have to request to join or be invited to one of your Teams in order to collaborate with you on projects and tasks that you have not explicitly set as public. Learn more here.

2. When a member first joins an Organization, they are not automatically added to teams within that Organization; each person must create or join teams within the Organization.

Please help we to clarify if joining the team is mandatory step when you log in for the first time or it could be skipped. Printscreens appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Hi @Kseniia_Erzh, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

When you first access Asana, you will see the page “Let’s find a team for you to join”, in this section new members can join public teams in your Organization so they can start getting familiar with Asana. I’m afraid is not possible to skip this part but you can let them know which team they can join. For example, you could create a “Resources” project fo them and set it public so they can join when they are creating their accounts :slight_smile:

Thank you a lot Emily, this is very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

A small update: this is how the page looks like - you will need to find your teammate first, then the system will suggest a list of groups to join (open and private)

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.