Vacation coverage- assign re-occuring tasks for one week

Does anyone know how to assign tasks from one person to another for just one week’s occurrence and then go back to the original assignee?

Hey @Wendy_Morden, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :partying_face:

Here is what I would do:

1. Use the advanced search to find tasks assigned to the person due within the next 7 days:

Now you can filter this more if let’s say you only want to assign tasks assigned to a person in a specific project, with a specific tag.

1. Then on the search results they are displayed in list view, then you can bulk-edit (How to is explained here

Screenshot_3817

Then you can easily edit the assignee for example :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

1 Like

And then will the assignee revert back to the normal person or will I have to change them again when I’m back from vacation?

Basically for simple tasks that will have to be completed on the due date they would be closed by the person then.

If this are task that will stay open and the assignee would just update the due date then you would have to assign them back.

These are re-occurring, so the due dates just roll when the task is finished. My question is will the person I “temporarily assign” the task have to then change the assignee back to me when the task rolls forward?

Yes you have to assign them back then. To filter them easily adding a tag for example might be good

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.