Using Chrome Bookmark bar instead of folders?

Hello @Crane29

I believe there is a change in how projects are managed. We are moving from a folder-based school of thoughts (one in which I grew up) to a list-and-search based one.

I appreciate that it is quite challenging to switch from one to another, and it can be complex if you are already moving from one system. One of the options you have is to try and start the transition by managing the folder-based view in the bookmark bars, as you suggested. It works, but the issue I see is that it is computer-based, so every new computer has to have its own setup.

Another option (and I would go for this one to be honest) is to use one project to manage the other projects. Every tasks would define a level of “folders” and you can use subtasks to manage subfolders or projects. You simply use the task name as the project name, and in the description you link the actual project. In this way you will help your team with a structure they already know and use, but you will start helping them to transition to a search idea which is leaner and more flexible.

Let me know if something like this can work!

Ciao
Carlo

7 Likes